VP, Governance and Communications Marketing Leader (JR1010138)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
The Vice President Governance and Communications Marketing Leader role will drive the global marketing agenda across the enterprise - architecting and executing integrated marketing plans, in conjunction with sales and business leaders. They will work closely with segment marketing leaders, regional marketing leaders and the broader marketing team to deliver high impact, global governance and communications marketing programs and campaigns that deliver measurable impact for the business and advance our brand and reputation.
The Governance and Communications franchise is Broadridge's largest line of business and is well positioned for further growth. The successful candidate will not only establish and execute a strategic marketing plan, but also earn a seat at the table with the business, pointing to specific achievements and demonstrable results of how marketing impacted the bottom line.
They act as the voice of the customer within the organization and articulate Broadridge's value proposition in the context of their challenges - connecting the dots for them around our complex products and services.
The role will report to the Global CMO and will be a key participant on the Marketing Leadership Team. They will help lead and evolve the marketing organization while optimizing the impact of the governance and communications marketing function. The governance and communications marketing leader will have extensive marketing experience, preferably in the financial services and/or technology industry and have a good understanding of the financial services ecosystem and workflow. They will have experience in developing enterprise marketing strategies and in building marketing programs/campaigns and sales tools that deliver measurable results. They need to be able to thrive in a changing, highly complex, fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position can be based in Deer Park on Long Island, midtown, NYC or Newark, NJ. Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead teams in translation of strategic business requirements into actionable go-to-market (GTM) marketing plans for the enterprise aligned with business and sales objectives.
2. Accountable for developing and executing the global governance and communications marketing plan, reporting into the Global CMO, to drive revenue, reputation and relationships.
3. With a metrics-driven mindset, demonstrate quantifiable Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) results and impact from strategic marketing campaigns.
4. Lead a team of marketers to deliver governance and communications marketing plans and campaigns that effectively deliver on the business and sales imperatives - working with product marketing, digital marketing and other marketing centers of excellence to execute GTM plans. Work closely with the regional marketing leaders across EMEA, Canada and APAC.
5. Develop and direct integrated customer retention strategies to build advocacy and maintain 100% client retention to increase wallet share.
6. Ensure governance and communications marketing efforts effectively support and enhance our brand promise.
7. Be able to articulate clearly our value proposition and capabilities through a combination of deep industry knowledge and understanding of Broadridge's capabilities.
8. Demonstrate world class marketing leadership to advance the marketing agenda within Broadridge
9. Work side by side with the sales leaders to ensure that the sales teams understand our value proposition and can clearly articulate our story in a compelling way.
10. Incorporate acquisitions into integrated enterprise and go-to-market plans as appropriate.
11. Represent Marketing at key business, product, sales leadership meetings and report progress.
12. Inform voice of customer research and market intelligence. Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
• B2B marketing professional with 15+ years of experience in a financial services and/or tech company
• Experience building and leading teams in developing go-to-market strategies and tactics that deliver strong business and marketing results. Skills/Competencies: Leadership
- leads people across highly matrixed complex organization; manages risk and complexity across products/segments/functions; leads teams with diverse workload using strong project/program management to meet deadlines Problem solving
- anticipates or solves problems; balances inputs and perspectives Communications/presentation skills
- communicates effectively across organizational levels and with different constituencies Impact -
positively leads teams to/contributes to outcomes Change management/agility
- drives change and displays a spirit of continuous improvement; models agility and adaptiveness to changing environment Influence
-inspires others to act; brings thought leadership, subject matter expertise or point of view to optimize outcomes Client focus
- brings strong client-centric approach to marketing with deep understanding of client needs Influence
- exhibits influence across the organization; strong interpersonal skills required to build support and drive opinions and actions of key stakeholders Emotional intelligence
- models for team and displays awareness, empathy, acuity Teamwork/collaboration
- fosters and models collaboration across teams and the broader organization; thinks strategically but can also "roll up sleeves" to do the work as needed Talent management
- proven track record of developing and retaining talent Global mindset
- experience working in a global organization with understanding of local market / regional nuances and opportunities Business acumen
- displays knowledge and awareness of the industries and businesses in which Broadridge and its competitors operate; possesses strong analytical skills and financial acumen/ability to build multi-year plans; collaborates across industry where appropriate to develop networks with influencers and buyers Marketing/brand acumen
- experienced in all aspects of the B2B marketing mix and role of product marketing; experience in B2B financial services and/or technology marketing Market centric
: Understands Broadridge's solutions as well as target clients and markets