Vice President - Enterprise Risk Management Auditor
In accordance with section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Act (DFA), BNP Paribas has established an Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) over its US subsidiaries. Furthermore, BNP Paribas has set up a Combined US Operations (CUSO) and IHC governance framework to support capital, liquidity, operational and model risk management, and regulatory reporting.
Inspection Générale North America (IGNA) Hub is part of BNP Paribas' global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale or "IG") which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform risk-based reviews to provide reasonable assurance to senior management on the adequacy of internal controls and recommend control and efficiency improvements
In line with the Federal Reserve Bank's expectations IGNA has built an Enterprise Risk Management team to evaluate the bank's capital planning, liquidity risk management, operational risk, and model risk management practices. In addition, the team also evaluates broader Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS) requirements related to Risk Management and Board Governance. Responsibilities:
The Enterprise Risk Management Auditor will play a key role in supporting the internal audit team to independently assess the effectiveness of the governance framework that supports operational risk management, capital planning and liquidity risk management. Specific Responsibilities include:
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Conduct multiple, complex, concurrent audit assignments initially focused on operational risk management framework themes Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating and reporting.
- Write audit reports with value added recommendations.
- Understand and assess the underlying risk applicable to the area of audit responsibilities through continuous monitoring activities.
- Manage time and priorities while conducting audits
- Review and prepare risk assessments for Audit Units.
- Develop and maintain relationships with heads/managers of business lines and functions as part of the continuous risk monitoring activities.
- Validate the adequacy and appropriateness of remediation or resolution plans to address regulatory and internal audit recommendations.
- Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and IG management.
- Keep abreast of the evolution of accounting, and auditing standards, and key banking regulations covering capital planning, ALMT, and operational risk. .
- Adopt and promote strong ethical values.
- Participate in various committees as assigned to provide reports and information on current/emerging business issues to top management.
A strong background in operational risk management, gained in the banking industry within an audit or second line of defense function, or within financial services risk consulting, together with:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable and related field ( Accounting and/or Finance preferred) Minimum years of audit and/or risk experience in Operational Risk Management in banking industry:
- Typically 10 +.
- Solid understanding of capital planning, ALMT, risk management concepts and related regulatory expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators.
- Ability to work in a team, liaise with other bank departments and adapt to new situations and approaches.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Master's degree
- Licenses and certifications such as FRM and CPA.
- Experience in Banking Risk Management transformation or remediation projects.
- Strong knowledge of financial products, capital markets, banking industry and the related risks.