About this role Overview: We are looking for an experienced and dynamic professional to join our Global Corporate Communications team. The Global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for media relations, employee communications, public affairs, issues and crisis communications and enhancing the BlackRock Brand.
About this role
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic professional to join our Global Corporate Communications team. The Global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for media relations, employee communications, public affairs, issues and crisis communications and enhancing the BlackRock Brand. The team plays a central role in promoting BlackRock’s brand promise while enhancing its reputation across various corporate stakeholders.
The Corporate Communications Vice President, based in New York, will be a critical team member responsible for planning and executing impactful communications initiatives, including proactive commercially-oriented campaigns focused on BlackRock’s portfolio construction and asset allocation capabilities.
This individual will work closely with BlackRock’s Client Portfolio Solutions business, the investment group at the heart of the firm’s portfolio construction and asset allocation ecosystem, which brings together proprietary research, investment teams and technology to deliver whole-portfolio solutions to clients.
- Partner closely with a wide range of internal stakeholders to help drive demand for BlackRock’s portfolio construction and asset allocation capabilities, with a particular focus on the firm’s Client Portfolio Solutions Group (CPS).
- Maintain a deep understanding of how CPS engages with different groups across BlackRock to deliver comprehensive, whole-portfolio solutions. And then engage across these investment functions, client service groups, and marketing teams to deliver high impact communications programs in support of that work.
- Partner with Communications colleagues to understand the work the team does for other BlackRock businesses (and how that can help inform programs for CPS and broader whole portfolio business).
- Support the development of a cohesive external narrative supporting CPS and highlighting the firm’s whole portfolio capabilities and offerings, points of differentiation and value proposition for clients.
- Develop pro-active media strategies for CPS and the firm’s whole portfolio capabilities and story ideas for key focus areas, wins and milestones.
- Maintain strong working relationships with business/financial and trade media across channels (print, broadcast and digital/social).
- Partner with relevant internal groups to develop/distribute differentiated thought leadership.
Experience must encompass:
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications and/or marketing within the financial services industry and/or agency.
- Thorough understanding of the asset management industry, investment products and strategies, capital markets and issues facing institutional and individual investors.
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with our executives, journalists and colleagues around the world.
- Track record of working effectively with senior executives.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.