Vice President, Fundamental Active Equities Research Analyst
Description About this role
BlackRock actively manages style-specific portfolios built on proprietary research with the goal of delivering consistent outperformance to our clients. We offer access to the opportunities, information and resources available to a global asset manager combined with the agility of autonomous investment teams.
The best performance is delivered by tightly knit, focused and accountable teams. Returns can be enhanced by the firm-wide sharing of market knowledge and perspectives. Good investment decisions arise from integrating research with portfolio management. A global presence results in a global perspective combined with targeted local expertise. Quantitative portfolio analytics support risk-efficient portfolio construction. Our teams make their own investment decisions - within a prescribed framework and aligned with the firm's rigorous risk management practices. Each team invests according to its unique philosophy, process and style and has a high level of discretion to allocate across regions, countries, industries and individual stocks.
Our fundamental strategies seek to identify and exploit market inefficiencies in the pursuit of alpha, which include:
- US Equity
The US Value and Income team is responsible for close to US$60 billion across three main strategies: Core, Basic Value, and Equity Dividend. The team is made up of 6 portfolio managers and 15 analysts primarily supporting three strategies. The strategies are primarily large-cap focused but include mid-cap investments. The team is based out of Princeton and New York.
The team is currently looking for an analyst to cover stocks across a select subset of industries. Actual coverage assignment will be finalized as part of the offer and will be based on the group's needs and candidate's background. Knowledge/Experience:
- 5+ years experience investing (buy or sell-side) preferred but not required
- A value- and quality-tilted style basis; although some comfort with a growth mindset is helpful
- Comfort with mid- and large-cap, US and Int'l stocks
- Strong communication skills
- Original and independent thinker, able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong record of academic achievement
- Strong fundamental research skills with particular strength in financial analysis/modeling
- Data driven mindset; investment theses are backed up with data and not simply stories
- Strong business sense: The candidate must possess a broad understanding of business models, industry dynamics, and competitive analysis
- The candidate must also have strong presentational skills in both small and larger group settings. All senior team members contribute extensively to communicating with clients, prospects and investment consultants, which are all critical to building and growing a successful investment team
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work closely with a small team as well as more broadly within an organization where information-sharing is critical to the success of all teams across asset classes
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.