Vice President, Inclusion & Diversity
Description About this role
The global Inclusion and Diversity team is a critical team within BlackRock's Human Resources Organization. In the wake of recent events, Inclusion and Diversity has evolved into an even more substantial social and business imperative for BlackRock. We know from research that diverse and inclusive teams are likely to make better decisions, reduce error rates, foster innovation and deliver better outcomes for our clients. As the world's largest asset manager, BlackRock has a profound responsibility to help people around the world build a better financial future. Our workforce must reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we operate.
Inclusion and Diversity is in the foundation of Blackrock's Principle, We are One BlackRock,
which states, "We challenge ourselves - and each other - to collectively raise our game. The best solutions result from the ideas and contributions of a diverse team of partners. Diversity strengthens us and delivers better results for our clients. Building a more diverse workforce is a top priority. We insist on respect, integrity and inclusion from every employee."
The Vice President will be a critical team member of the global Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) team which designs and drives the implementation of our global I&D Strategy. The incumbent will focus on the implementation and program management of our action plan on advancing racial equity and inclusion , as it relates to talent and culture. The Vice President will collaborate closely with our I&D Champions and Business Leads who are business leaders focused on the execution of our global strategy in their respective businesses and functions. Further, the Vice President will be collaborating with many functions across HR (e.g. HR Business Partners, Recruiting, Talent Management, People & Analytics, Employer Brand) as well as many other teams outside of HR. Responsibilities:
- Lead the program management of our action plan to advance racial equity and inclusion under the leadership of the Global Head of Inclusion and Diversity; primarily focused on the Talent and Culture workstreams
- Maintain a high level of expertise in best practices in diversity and inclusion; Remain abreast of current research, activities and trends in the I&D field
- Partner and collaborate with the global I&D team, I&D Champions and Business Leads, Recruiting, HR Talent Team and HR Business Partner colleagues to align, improve, design and deliver of the strategic I&D objectives
- Capture business level innovations and playbooks to be shared with broader I&D stakeholders
- Provide on-going consultancy to our HR Business Partners to design, develop and execute on business and location-specific Inclusion and Diversity plans
- Facilitate and/or present at sessions and workshops
Talk to us about flexible working arrangements!
- Undergraduate degree required
- 6+ years of HR, strategy or consulting experience; demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and influence without authority and across a matrixed organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Program Management experience; demonstrated ability to design and deliver programs for a wide audience, ideally demonstrating experience in organizational behavior change
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated success in metrics-driven environment; experience with data analytics preferred
- High level of attention to detail
We strive to foster a highly inclusive and diverse workplace in order to attract, retain and develop healthy, happy and productive employees. Given the current environment, we are open to remote work and/or flexible working arrangements in accordance with BlackRock's policy, in order to stay committed to the safety and well-being of our employees. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.