- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent Wealth Management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hardworking Wealth Advisor to help formulate and implement investment and financial planning advice, manage existing client relationships and participate in new business development activities.
Note: This is not a sales position.
As a member of one of our three client teams which are comprised of four people who work with about 200 clients, you will provide:
- Relationship Management: Be a first point of contact for a number of the team’s clients. You will be working with the most senior advisors at the firm while being supported by other members of the team.
- Client Service: Drive clients’ financial planning strategies and portfolio management. You will be supporting a comprehensive approach to working with clients that is inclusive of investments, cash flow, tax, estates, risk management and benefit plans.
- Financial Plan Development: Based on a client’s goals and circumstances, you will create financial plans that address questions such as at when a client can retire with financial security.
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review a client’s current investments and objectives, give the client a picture of his or her current portfolio composition and within the firm’s guidelines oversee a custom portfolio that the firm will manage.
- Specialization: Be the firm’s point person in a technical area which might include:
- Investments: Participating on the firm’s investment committee, you will cover a segment of the investment universe.
- Financial Planning: Focusing in one area of financial planning, you will function as the firm’s internal subject matter expert.
- Business Development: Foster relationships with other professionals such as Accountants and Attorneys that lead to the acquisition of new clients for the firm.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Wealth Management with a demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Either the CFP® or CFA designation, or having passed the exam for the designation, a strong plus
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
- Impressive standardized test scores
- Strong Financial Planning and Wealth Management interest, acumen and judgement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, take initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “client-first” mentality
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- A belief in fee-only, fiduciary professionalism
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive compensation based on industry standards
- Incentive Bonus
- Generous benefits, including: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, FSA, Traditional and Roth 401(k) and matching contribution, Tuition reimbursement to a Financial Planning Program and Exam Fee, up to $500 for gym reimbursement, renewal of CFP® and CFA designations, Membership to NAPFA.
For consideration, please include a copy of your resume in WORD with a cover letter when you click apply.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.