Internal Business Development Consultant
- White Plains, NY, États-Unis White Plains NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 23 juil. 18 2018-07-23
Internal Business Development Consultant
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Role Overview :
The Internal Business Development Consultant (IBDC) is responsible for achieving and exceeding the sales objectives of the assigned territory and General Offices. The IBDC will deliver sales concepts, product information and technical guidance to New York Life Agents to help drive sales within our Worksite Product Line. This position will be housed in White Plains and job functions will be completed predominantly via the phone and video conferencing. Responsibilities include:
• Partner with external BDC to develop and implement strategies to increase sales within our Worksite product portfolio
• Work closely with NYL agents to develop and maintain strong business relationships
• Develop a strong command of NYL's products and sales processes
• Provide sales support and product information primarily through proactive one-on-one phone conversations and with large groups via webinar and/or video conferences
• Handle inbound sales calls for case design, product questions or other assistance during the sales process
• Bachelor Degree
• Life & Health licenses, Series 6 & 63
• Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience
• Fundamental knowledge of worksite product lines
• In tune with industry standards and innovations
• Ability to implement sales techniques and product knowledge to improve on efficiency, and drive sales in aligned territory
Series 6 and Series 7 registrations are required - the Security Industry Essentials Exam is a registration pre-requisite as of October 1, 2018
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.