Real Estate Analyst
- Columbus, OH, États-Unis Columbus OH US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 17 août 18 2018-08-17
Real Estate Analyst
Under overall direction of Managing Director, the Analyst will work side-by-side with seasoned professionals on a substantial volume of live transactions as they move from sourcing to closing and interact with a wide range of industry participants. The Analyst will provide assistance and support with activities related to the acquisition, financing and leasing of market rate multifamily housing, low-income or affordable housing and mixed income properties as well as other Hunt business lines and activities. The Analyst should demonstrate strength in quantitative real estate analysis and financial modelling with a focus on detail, and possess an analytical orientation and the initiative to work in a fast-paced environment in a reliable manner. The Analyst will provide investment analysis with financial modeling, valuation, demographic research and general investment diligence and will present work to colleagues, management and other internal teams including underwriting, credit, tax, accounting, and legal departments. The position requires technical aptitude of evaluating data and local market information to conduct financial analysis, prepare memorandums for Executives and Senior Leaders, and develops other reports providing insight into key business decisions.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain financial models to support the investment analysis of various new multifamily real estate investment opportunities.
- Review, analyze, and present conclusions from real estate operating statements, rent rolls, expense analysis, and physical and market reviews.
- Prepare current and historical income, expense analysis and lease summary/rent roll for each transaction.
- Assist throughout the due diligence process by gathering and reviewing required property and credit documents and updating the underwriting database with rent rolls, portfolio comps and real estate schedules.
- Support in preparing investment committee documents.
- Support in the sourcing of external capital.
- Participate in the preparation of internal white papers and other research.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of developments in real estate finance and capital markets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual presentations for senior management, which include maintaining metrics information and graphs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business Management, Mathematics, Accounting or a related discipline is required. MBA is a plus.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of one to three years' in the real estate or financial industry preferably in multifamily real estate investments.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and financial modeling capability.
- Ability to perform financial analysis including cash flow and cash waterfall modelling, IRR analysis and capital structure analysis
- Ability to solve practical problems and analyze a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and industry guidelines
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, internal stakeholders, and clients.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a detail orientated, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals. Able to independently manage time effectively in-order to efficiently work on varied and concurrent projects with conflicting deadlines. Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.