Director - Software Engineering
We are seeking a Director -Software Engineering for our content team located in West Chester office to be part of several strategic projects. Ours is an agile team responsible for building the next generation of the organization's public facing presence at www.moodys.com . Candidate will be working on building new features, enhancing the existing infrastructure from a scalability, security, and performance standpoint. Looking for a hands-on developer who will also take part in designing solutions to complex business problems. Lead multiple projects within the team.
Director - Software Engineering focuses on the direct line management of a team of Engineers:
• Research, analyse, design, and deliver IT architecture solutions that are appropriate for business and IT strategies.
• Ensure that your team members work collaboratively with all functional areas.
• Collaborate with other Directors to continuously improve engineering practices for the broader team
• Design professional development/training programs that can be leveraged across the broader team
• Work closely with HR on talent acquisition and talent management for your team and the broader engineering team; provide job descriptions, perform interviews, develop on-boarding plans, develop succession plans, etc.
• Provide input and track expense budgets covering training, travel and team building
• Guide your subordinates to plan their careers, set both long- and short-term goals.
• Communicate the vision from senior management and set and communicate business objectives for your team that align with this vision.
• Accurately assess the performances of your direct reports, perform timely PE's, coach and provide guidance based on performances and potential.
• Nominate candidates for promotion with reasonable justifications.
• Understand what motivates each of your team members; manage morale and turnover
• Think strategically and align your team with the overall vision of the business.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Master as a plus.
• Deep understandings of Object-Oriented designing and programming.
• 10+ years of professional software design and development experiences on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
• Proven ability to manage a large, and/or distributed team that includes other managers
• Is motivated to learn latest technologies and transfer knowledge to others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can motivate team members to succeed in a fast-paced team environment; is a calming influence on the team in the face of strong pressures to meet deadlines
• Has significant experience setting objectives; Can communicate the vision of the business and translate the vision into objectives for the team.
• Has significant experience evaluating the performance of individuals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
• Consistently displays excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other functional areas at all levels of the organization
• Node.js, React, HTML, CSS knowledge is must.
• 8+ years of C#/.Net web service stack experience
• 2+ years of experience in application architecture in AWS. Deep knowledge of AWS Lambda, RDS, S3, ECS, Fargate, Elasticache, ElastiSearch, and Neptune.
• Experience with containers, E
• Expert in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
• Expert in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
• 2+ years of database experience: SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, etc.)
• Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, Git (Bitbucket or Github), Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.