Director, IT Business Resiliency
- Smithfield, RI, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 nov. 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
The Expertise We're Looking For
- 7 years IT infrastructure experience, preferably with hands on experience working in both IT Infrastructure and Data Centers.
- Previous background in Disaster Recovery and resiliency testing strategies involving multiple data centers and complex IT systems preferably within a global organization
- Prior experience conducting end to end resiliency assessments for single as well complex IT applications & associated databases in traditional and cloud service providers.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery plan development including: the key architectural IT paradigms including hot/warm/cold sites; primary and alternate facilities and active-passive architectures
- Related industry certifications within Infrastructure, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Information Security or comparable discipline
The Purpose of Your Role
Information security is the protection of information from a wide range of threats in order to ensure business continuity, minimize business risk, and maximize return on investments. ECS (Enterprise Cyber Security) aims to safeguard the information, assets, privacy of our customers and clients. IT Business Resiliency partners with the business application teams and infrastructure teams to insure applications can meet the defined RTO and avoid outages.
The Skills You Bring
- You are an Active member of an Enterprise Disaster Recovery and IT Business Resiliency Assessment team
- Your in-depth knowledge of IT Resiliency strategies including end to end application recovery, DB replication, network resiliency, data center classification, cloud service providers and other components of the infrastructure
- Your hands on experience in the IT Security, Business Resiliency and Infrastructure spaces
- Your experience reviewing architecture designs, configurations, and operational documentation
- Your familiarity with different Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, Google, etc)
- Your exposure to regulatory guidelines and the ramifications on High Availability and Disaster Recovery architecture for IT applications / DBs
- Your ability to design and execute specific and unique test scenarios to introduce a symptom into a complex infrastructure to simulate a real runtime like issue.
- Your ability to derive meaningful information from ambiguous situations
- Your ability to drive discussions with senior management to conclusion
- You have superb verbal, presentation layer and written communication
- Your previous team would describe you as a team player and the go-to person
The Value You Deliver
- Leading architecture review and conducting resiliency assessment for complex IT applications, databases, network topologies and data centers
- Continuously engaging with business and technology stakeholders to stay relevant on current and prospective business and technology roadmap and the business requirements behind them
- Conducting current state assessment/gap analysis to define resiliency index based on business defined Recovery Time Objective/Recovery Time Actual (RTO/RTA).
- Reviewing and designing highly available network topologies, datacenter connectivity, applications & database instances spanning across multiple sites.
- Working with the application teams and outside them to build an arsenal of specific cases to simulate failure scenarios that can be used to exercise resiliency.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The IT Business Resiliency (ITBR) team is part of Enterprise Cyber Security (ECS) and provides oversight, governance and reporting of the Enterprise Disaster Recovery Service (EDRS) Policy for the Enterprise. Additionally, the ITBR team provides Business Continuity Planning and DR Coordination for all Enterprise Technology Organizations, as well as performs Resiliency Testing Activities, Coordination and Reporting for the Enterprise.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.