Associate, Software Engineering,Program
Do you enjoy working with technologies such as micro services, cloud computing, AI, and big data? Do you like the challenge of identifying and solving problems?
This award-winning comprehensive full time role is a part of the nine-month NERD (New Employee Recruitment and Development) program that blends on-the-job experience with an extensive training curriculum that covers tools, technologies, processes and soft skills required to be successful in Schwab Technology Services for new college graduates. NERDs have a host manager, a mentor, a buddy, a coach, and others who are dedicated to their success.
What youre good at
What you will get out of the program:
- Professional Growth - Technical and soft skills curriculum designed to accelerate your career.
- Hands-on Experience - Cross-functional experience and skills gained from on-the-job assignments.
- Knowledge Sharing - Opportunity to share and present ideas around innovation.
- Presentation Opportunities - Strengthen existing presentation and communication skills.
- Individual Coaching - One-on-one coaching and real-time development from host team.
- Exposure to Leadership - Experiences with leaders across Schwab Technology Services.
- Peer-to-peer interaction - Share ideas and experiences and as you grow alongside a cohort of peers.
What you have
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program graduating within the next year
- Experience with algorithm design
- Basic understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with data structures
- Understanding of Java or C# development
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and Cloud APIs is a plus
- Database modeling is a plus
- UX, Web development or mobile development is a plus
- Inventiveness and eagerness to work with experimental technology is a must!
- Demonstrated Leadership Potential
- Passion and aptitude for solving problems utilizing Innovation and Experimentation