Enterprise Global Data Center Consolidation and Transformation Lead
Who we are looking for
The Global Technology team seeks an experienced Managing Director level Enterprise Global Data Center Consolidation and Transformation Lead to be responsible to partner with teams across the organization to plan, evaluate and develop business cases for data center and network de-scaling and consolidation projects, and to develop planning programs that optimize how workload are placed and scale its infrastructure across the globe. This person will need to be a have strong communication skills and can work independently in a highly ambiguous environment.
As a key member of the CTO team this position is responsible for planning and executing scaling strategies for global data centers. As the Transformation Lead , you will leverage your strong IT Project management experience to plan data center projects and initiatives that mitigate customer impacting risks and reduce long term operating costs across State Street global data center and infrastructure. You will also act as a subject matter expert on how the organization plans and executes infrastructure de-scaling projects through deep understanding of the process required to enable smooth migration while ensuring minimal impact these projects have on the cost and risk profiles of each infrastructure region. What you will be responsible for
As the Enterprise Global Data Center Consolidation and Transformation Lead you will:
What we value
- Plan data center de-scaling, consolidation and platform strategy projects in order to optimize the infrastructure technology environments across all regions from availability, cost, and risk perspectives.
- Understand both technical and business components of State Street's infrastructure environments in order to plan projects that drive cost reductions and mitigate availability risks.
- Support functional programs that improve how State Street scales its infrastructure globally and across regions and drive scaling plan alignment across infrastructure teams.
- Conduct analysis that support optimal supply scaling across State Street data centers, including increasing availability, reducing/avoiding cost and mitigating technical/operational risks, and consolidating data center footprint increasing utilization.
- Understand longer term cost drivers specific to data center infrastructure and lead projects to reduce or eliminate them.
- Drive alignment of Infra teams scaling plans in existing regions to avoid costs and take advantage of alignment opportunities.
- Act as a subject matter expert on supply planning matters related to the organizations data center portfolio.
- Support continual process improvement initiatives and lead projects related to operational efficiency, team effectiveness and new value added activities.
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis to senior leaders on strategy documents and research requests.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A successful candidate will be someone with a good technical understanding of data center and networking infrastructure
- State Street's service architecture, and infrastructure capacity planning while having a good eye on business analysis and value addition.
- This role is a highly analytical and requires a technical understanding of data center and networking infrastructure.
Why this role is important to us
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: data center or network capacity planning, data center or network infrastructure program/project management, cloud application program management, or related technical experience.
- Advanced degree in Infrastructure Planning & Mgmt, Supply Chain Mgtmt, and/or Finance, or related domain experience.
- Experience related data center and networking infrastructure, or similar technical infrastructure domains.
- Exceptional project and program management skills with capacity to manage a large number competing priorities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
- Experience developing financial models related to analyzing infrastructure projects and/or investments.
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers