Information Security Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Working as part of the Information and Cyber Security Team function to ensure security of the PIMCO network infrastructure and corporate data. This role will focus on the administration and support of our global security technologies and programs including Continuous Vulnerability Management, Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response, Cloud Security Operations, Data Loss Prevention, e-Mail Security, and assisting with evaluation and deployment of new security technologies. The Security Analyst will also have the opportunity to participate in Pen Testing, evaluating effectiveness of existing controls, and implementing automation throughout the Security Stack. This role would suit a Security Analyst with demonstrated ability in an enterprise security team, information security consulting, or technical support role, where the focus has been on administrating and supporting the roll out of user facing security technologies. The Security Analyst role is not a SOC analyst, but will support the SOC as an escalated Incident Responder. Responsibilities:
- Assist with the rollout of new security technologies and the training of users.
- Design and develop key performance and risk indicators (KPIs/KRIs) to senior IT and executive management.
- Ensure compliance to security policies and procedures.
- Work with system owners to prioritize and report on patch deployments.
- Assist with the ongoing development and deployment of baseline security standards.
- Use enterprise security tools to identify and responds to security events.
- Maintain awareness of the current threat landscape and recommend mitigations against threats.
- Participate in Purple Team Development, Controls Assessments, and Table Top exercises.
- 5+ years of Security Analyst experience in an Enterprise Security team, information security consulting, or technical support role is ideal.
- Ability to review security technologies for non-compliance to corporate security policies
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with users to resolve issues.
- Managing and supporting user facing security technologies (MDM, Endpoint Security Technologies, E-mail Security Gateways, SIEM, DLP, CASB, and Authentication)
- Reviewing and prioritizing vulnerability scan data.
- Analyzing and correlating security events collected from user facing systems.
- Identifying, Collecting and Analyzing security relevant logs for reporting and compliance purposes.
- Familiarity with regular expressions and scripting languages a plus.
- Good technical understanding of a broad range of security concepts including infrastructure and web application security.
- Writing data loss prevention technology rules and analyzing events a plus.
- Security qualifications a plus: CISSP, CEH, CISA, etc.
- Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) certifications (ITIL, ISO 20000, NIST, COBIT) a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office