Lead Cloud Security Engineer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The PIMCO Information and Cybersecurity Organization is looking to hire a Lead Cloud Security Engineer with a detailed understanding of cloud security methodologies that can apply to multiple cloud environments including AWS, Azure, and GCP. The Lead Cloud Security Engineers is expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. The expectation is that any candidate for this position will assume the front to back ownership of the cloud security program, drive risk focused conversations with management and other key stakeholders, and have technical oversight of other PIMCO Cloud Team Members. This role reports directly the Global Information Security Officer.
Top candidates will be comfortable applying Security-as-Code principles across the board to improve security of the product suite & provide training, mentoring, and best practices to the teams. This is a role focused on automation, process, and necessary tools to support service enablement and security management for PIMCO's cloud environments. Lead Cloud Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Applying Security-as-Code principles
- Supporting the development of an automated framework for Security Tool deployment and development, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions.
- Assisting with the architecture and design of API Security, Container Security, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Security.
- Developing the automation of security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Implementing security features and monitoring tools, performing periodic security assessments to verify best practice configuration and secure systems hardening
- Responding swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities with the cloud
- Where required, investigate suspected attacks and help manage security incidents including providing post-mortem analysis, identify causes, develop solutions and preventive measures.
- Being an integral part of the Information security incident process
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Sustain an enterprise-wide security model for cloud platforms that spans preventative and detective controls.
- Implement processes and technologies that reduce cloud security deficiencies and help develop creative reporting mechanisms including metrics/key themes that communicate risk to business owners and leadership.
- Participate in development and implementation of, security design & architecture principles and standards, development and communication of cloud security Standards and Training.
- Be highly visible, build and sustain good working relationships and involve the development and infrastructure communities at PIMCO.
- Work with and influence business contacts regarding technology controls, risk mitigation techniques related to your area.
- Participate in defining secure cloud design and deployment, secure configuration practices, and using appropriate technology solutions, controls and practices as needed.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors facing applications and cloud services. Serve as a core team member of the Security Design team.
- Support data protection strategies and standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity, process improvement, and customer satisfaction.
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification or experience.
- CI/CD - Deployment pipeline experience (Terraform, GitLab, CHEF, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Vulnerability/compliance, Patch management, Anti-malware, Access Control Management toolsets
- Excellent understanding of cloud security solutions and cloud-based architectures - IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company's technical security needs
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Experience with LAMBA function
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Experience with application/system/infrastructure security monitoring and applicable toolsets
- Knowledge of the current threat landscape, specifically Cloud
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, network, and security infrastructure
- Exceptional administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to document and explain technical details to technical staff and executives
- Experience in demonstrating intelligence feeds and products to prioritize blue team response functions
- Strong Technical knowledge of secure engineering principles, privacy (DPA / GDPR) and compliance law and standards (OWASP\ISO\CIS\ISF\NIST), Cloud Security Alliance
- Desired Certifications, but not required: CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCFA, GREM
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office