The Corporate Information Technology group in Charles Schwab & Co.'s IT organization is comprised of several teams that enable Schwab’s internal users. The Business Process Management Technology (BPMT) team operates within this group to deliver leading edge solutions for those dealing directly with our Clients. Working in alignment with our business partners, we strive to innovate in an agile fashion, assisting them and Charles Schwab in hitting business objectives. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of BPM Release Management, the Release Manager will coordinate the delivery of solutions into both non-production and production environments. They will guide multiple teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process, and ensuring that they adhere to Enterprise frameworks across the BPM portfolio of applications. They lead efforts to coordinate delivery dependencies with internal and external groups.
What youre good at
- Act as a Release Manager for multiple project teams simultaneously covering a range of middle-office operations applications with functionality associated with Business Process Management, Retirement Business Services, Stock Plan Services, and Document Ingestion systems to initiate business processes.
- Work with multiple agile teams and product owners to plan upcoming releases
- Create an environment whereby the teams are informed and in agreement on delivery goals, complex dependencies, and exception processes.
- In partnership with multiple leaders, track and communicate to Stakeholders information such as release calendar, risks and risk mitigation strategies, impediments, and status.
- Assist the team in establishing a consistent and predictable release cadence
- Identify and facilitate the removal of team impediments and escalate as appropriate.
- In coordination with Managers, facilitate cross-organization coordination and collaboration to solve needs for complex testing, validation, and deployments.
- Organize and facilitate effective release planning meetings.
- Coordinate sign-offs and approvals.
- Partner with peer Release Managers to deliver a comprehensive plan and ensure delivery excellence across the application portfolio.
- Assist Product Owners and Project Managers with release planning.
- Coordinate the release during the release night.
What you have
- 8+ years of full software development life cycle experience in a variety of roles.
- 3-5 years of Release Management experience with internal and external release coordination.
- Experience using agile tools such as Jira and Rally.
- Must be a natural leader with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Experience facilitating productive team discussions with tangible results in achieving goals.
- Experience navigating team members toward the cultivation of new skills.
- Experience with communicating status and providing updates to executive level management.
- Experience with negotiating prioritization between competing projects and teams.
- Experience working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise.
- Highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams.
- Must be self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.