Sr. Cloud Engineer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2,200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. We are recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients around the world. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. How does Technology fit in with this?
We aim to deliver to our investment professionals accurate information, on time, every time that enable them to make decisions in an increasingly complex world.
We provide trade execution capabilities, research data, analytics calculations, concise reports across a diverse array of financial investments that enable us to invest wisely and explain concisely to our clients what risk/reward decisions are being made. What does Core Engineering do?
We provide the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable high availability, operationally resilient and scalable applications to be built to enable our business to deliver value to our clients. Quite simply, we make it easier for other people to operate. As part of this team, you will join a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
• Own the engagement with teams as they adopt AWS
• Solve the complexity around building horizontally scalable services.
• Build cloud native mindshare across company
• Partner with business leaders to find opportunities and value from cloud computing
• Ensure our cloud deployments are secure and robust
• Establish best practices for our cloud foundation
If you want to be part of the engineering revolution at PIMCO we would love to talk to you! What do you need to know?
We are growing our new Tech Hub in Austin to create the next generation of engineering practices and infrastructure to support our developers and business partners into the next decades.
You need be an expert with AWS services with heavy focus on security, IAM and networking. Financial services experience is a bonus.
We believe the cloud is an enabler - not a magic bullet. We have existing infrastructure that will be enhanced by adopting cloud technologies to accelerate innovation and optimize cost.
Above all, empathy and collaboration are needed. You will be working, consulting, and helping many teams an enabler with an opportunity to make a large impact. What your manager will do for you
Find opportunities for you to grow
Remove roadblocks and protect you from unnecessary distractions
Create a continuous learning environment
Surround you with a high performing team Position Requirements: Minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert in public cloud technologies - Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages such as Java, .NET, Python, Go and/or Typescript.
- Passion for automation and experience with tools such as Terraform, CDK.
- Hands-on experience in configuration of network architecture on AWS with VPC, Subnets, Internet gateway, NAT, Route tables.
- Experience with modern operational and engineering practices such as SRE, GitOps and DevSecOps
- Hands on experience working with container runtimes and server less applications.
- Experience consulting on technology in financial services
- Experience securing and operating cloud infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Experience building data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Experience migrating existing workloads to cloud and implementation of security IAM policies on AWS and Azure.
- Experience working with multi-tier high availability applications with modern cloud technologies.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office