CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (ASSOCIATE), Goldman Sachs | Personal Financial Management
If you are a communications specialist that gets excited about engaging employees and clients while combining best practices with innovative approaches, we are adding to our team.
Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management, is hiring a Communications Manager to partner with the PFM Corporate Communications team on internal and external communications, ensuring employees and clients are informed and engaged.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Communications, this individual owns the communication strategy and works with an enthusiastic team to execute and promote our internal and external communications through videos, live calls, speaking engagements events and internal events. They’re a team player that brings organizational skills and fresh ideas to the role.
- Create and manage content calendar
- Develop and lead execution of communications plans – working with senior executives, and creative and functional leaders throughout the organization.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit, write and layout content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as newsletters, e-mails, all hands calls, etc.
- Drive awareness of media coverage and activities internally
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the Creative Team
- Provide thought leadership to proactively ensure messaging is aligned and consistent with business objectives, employing deep product and industry knowledge.
- Film and produce communication updates from senior executives via in-house studio
- Lead executive communications programs including advising and developing messages, speechwriting, presentation development, emails, videos, and other written communications for the president of the business and the leadership team.
- Deliver measurable results by driving adoption and engagement on internal comm channels
- Leverage reporting tools to continually evaluate progress against key metrics and look at ways to improve performance.
- Deliver presentations and updates internally
- Draft messages, talking points or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal and external communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments in the firm; as well as external communication messages
- Respond to feedback from staff and senior executives to adjust communications content accordingly
- Partner with senior executives on internal communication response to crisis situations which affect the firms perception and reputation
- Advise senior executives on message delivery
- Provide metrics + status updates for presentation decks and other correspondence as needed
- Assist with newsletter design and builds for distribution
- Attend department meetings for information gathering + present updates as needed
- Manage and oversee Live Call Webinar stream set up, filming and post production tasks as needed
- Maintain film equipment, accessories and organized studio set
- Work with vendors as needed to follow up on production status and revisions
DEMONSTRATES AND EXEMPLIFIES THOSE VALUES AND CHRACTERISTICS WHICH ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE COMMUNICATION & MARKETING TEAM'S SUCCESS:
- Great Attitude: realize that the energy and attitude they bring, impacts not only their performance but the performance of those around them.
- Transparency: They are direct, factual, and straight-forward.
- Flexibility: They realize it’s not all about them. They ask questions for greater insight, and make recommendations relative to alternatives, options, or other solutions.
- Creativity & Leadership: provide thought-leadership to keep the team out of a rut, constantly seeking new ways to improve work product.
- communications role.
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree plus 7+ years in internal communications role.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- A successful track record of leading internal communications.
- Experience with filming, producing and creating video content.
- Experience with developing, executing, and tracking results tied to communications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking, prioritization, organizational, and project planning skills.
- Excellent oral / written communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional project and time management skills.
- Highly organized, detail focused, results-driven and accountable
- Ability to handle last-minute, urgent requests.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and/or in a group.