Corporate Actions Research Analyst
The Managed Corporate Actions Product Services team is responsible for corporate actions validation operations, customer support and new client onboarding, vendor management, quality control, and strategic support for new product initiatives.
The Managed Corporate Actions Product Services validation team monitors domestic and international corporate actions announcements from the point of notice of inception and conducts a stringent cleansing process. MCA receives corporate actions information from vendor feeds and the global operations team researches and enriches records to produce validated corporate actions composite records for customers to pass notification on to their clients to take investment decisions and allocate entitlements that result from the event.
The successful Associate ensures that the state of each composite record clearly defines the terms of the corporate action in order for customers to pass notification on to their clients to conduct investment decisions and to allocate entitlements resulting from the corporate action.
Key functions include data capture and validation of announcement publication initiated by information received from vendor feeds, data enrichment, researching, interfacing with agents, and supporting clients. The subject matter expert will also be responsible for training teammates, overseeing quality control, and supporting strategic initiatives. Duties & accountabilities
Education and experience
- Review corporate action announcements and conduct research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite records to customers. Conduct research leveraging various sources, including prospectuses, information circulars, exchanges and bulletins, internet search engines and websites to successfully validate corporate action information
- Interface with Domestic and Foreign Paying/Transfer/Information Agents, Vendors, Custodians, Banks, Exchange Officials to obtain corporate action specific information and nuances
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions and contribute time and effort to develop/modify procedures and controls.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing and special projects in partnership with Product Services teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Deliver work-products to agreed Turn Around Times to ensure external and internal client expectations are exceeded
- Undergraduate degree/ Graduate or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science
- 0-4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of equities and fixed income preferred
- Knowledge of US, Canada, LATAM markets preferred, knowledge of global markets a plus
- Strong research and data mining skills required
- Knowledge of Excel, SQL, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of ISO/Swift feeds a plus
- Experience partnering with technology counterparts preferred
- In-depth knowledge of equities and fixed income
- Knowledge of financial markets and awareness of current global financial news
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding research skills and desire to conduct research to support judgment and decisions
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills internally and with customers
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt knowledge to varying circumstances
- Strong propensity to work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities requiring varied skill sets, and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges
- Proven ability to think outside the box
- Strong verbal and written skills required for interactions with teammates locally and in other regions, vendors and customers
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.