Global Division Management Residential Analyst
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Loan Management team is a business unit within the Global Markets division, primarily supporting the Mortgage Loan Trading and Structured Finance desks. The team is a multi-faceted diligence and asset management platform specializing in whole loan acquisition, sales, securitizations, and financing opportunities. The Loan Management team has product expertise across mortgages, consumer loans, real estate and warehouse financing.
Analyst / Associate will have key responsibilities in supporting the Asset-Backed Warehouse Lending business. The Analyst /Associate will assist in facilitating the acquisition, monitoring, reporting and disposition / securitization of loans purchased and/or originated from different business platforms. Consumer, student, solar, auto and residential asset classes are represented in the asset-backed portfolio.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist legal and deal teams with negotiation of loan agreements and associated documents
- Assist trading desk and Investment Banking Division (IBD) with platform diligence of prospective and existing lenders (underwriting, guidelines/protocols, staffing, technology systems, security, regulatory compliance etc.)
- Tracking and confirmation of collateral adequacy for fundings and margining (collateral covenants, eligibility, concentration limits)
- Monitoring of key deliverables and financial covenants under the warehouse documents
- Effectively capture, analyze and present portfolio trends for risks and opportunities relative to credit, collateral and operational efficiencies to different business groups in a clear, concise and actionable format
- Actively participate and partner with Information Technology in support of Data Warehouse, reporting and other projects as assigned
- Develop reporting solutions through multiple tools as needed. Ability to produce interactive graphs, pivot tables, etc. for reporting
- Maintain and apply knowledge of consumer and residential lending data
- Maintains systems for tracking projects and communicate results to different business groups
- Strong academic background - 4 year related business, finance, math, or accounting degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA equivalent
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know Excel at an advanced level
- Tableau experience a plus
- Mortgage banking or other financial industry experience preferred
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations
- Team player