Operations - Banking, Investing, and Lending Operations - Embedded Risk Manager - Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Do you have a deep subject matter expertise and a passion for risk management? We're looking for a professional to join our Embedded Risk Management (ERM) team specifically focused on the risk within the Global Markets Division Operations (GMO) area, who can proactively hunt for and monitor risk across the business units they support. OUR IMPACT
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The ERM employs the components of the Operations Risk Management Framework to continuously measure and assess levels of risk for existing/new processes within the Business Unit. In addition to being affiliated with specific product and/or functional areas, the ERM is bound together in the Global Markets Operations Risk Management (GMOR) organization in order to improve consistency of risk measure and assessment practices across the front to back businesses. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Be proactive risk managers such as probing when incidents occur and assessing the risks the teams are running by truly embedding in the businesses. Conduct risk reviews on areas with particular concern and make recommendations/suggestions to socialise and close and risk and control gaps.
- Challenge the status quo - challenge the risk and control framework to further enhance the control environment
- Partner with the business units to understand the residual risks that exist after issues are identified and resolved. Engaging with Technology and cross asset teams to achieve this.
- Risk Analysis - work with the team and other regional/functional Operations groups to identify key risk metrics (e.g. via KRI's) and highlighting areas of concerns, working with line managers on remediation efforts. Driving the agenda and conversations in risk meetings.
- Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) - work with line managers in ensuring the RCSA risk and control templates reflect the current risk environment and also vet through RCSA issues raised to ensure proper remediation is in place
- Work closely with other risk managers in other locations to share key initiatives and best practices; better integrate with the wider global Global Markets Risk Management teams
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with various Operations and other Federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience and prudent knowledge in the Firm's operational processing and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas with different levels across Operations and Federation stakeholders.
- Strong control mindset with a passion for risk management
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows, and excellent attention to details.
- Should have the ability to perform data analytics using metrics to identify trends and themes.
- Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills. Should have knowledge of excel, Alteryx and SharePoint and the ability to take data driven decisions using metrics.
- Sound time management skills to be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Proven track record of improving processes and demonstrating successful teamwork.
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and to develop control enhancements.
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations.
- Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment.
- Innovative and flexible in coming up with suggestions and ideas. Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Strong project management skills.
- Inquisitive and able to learn quickly.
- Keeps current with emerging business, economic and market trends
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Solid knowledge & experience in the Financial Industry.
- Practical experience working in Operations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity