Operations - Treasury Services - Transaction Banking Payment Operations - Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for Transaction Banking critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage Transaction Banking cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution. OUR IMPACT
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate payment risk through the active monitoring of Transaction Banking Payments monitoring adherence to NACHA operating rules, using ACH risk management tools to support AML and Fraud in eliminating fraud loss.
Treasury Payment Operations partners with Transaction Banking Operations to provide front to back services to transaction banking clients around the world in services including execution of payments and exception management. For every new product launched and every client on-boarded it is Operations that develops and enables business flow.
The sub division has a rare opportunity as an independent control to support Transaction Banking business with electronic payments, ACH, check, wire, ACH risk management, settlement, clearing and ACH file monitoring in order to mitigate operational money movement risks.
Treasury Services has regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Singapore and many other offices working closely together. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Supervise payment settlement functions (ACH and SWIFT), perform discrepancy review, approve settlements performed by team members, resolving breaks and exceptions, and managing the accuracy of the firm's books and records.
- Manage escalations and issue recovery and resolution related to payment activities
- Partner with Transaction Banking business to resolve incidents, file errors and rejects and monitoring controls.
- Work directly with the line and cross-functional teams to identify risk gaps and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop procedures, work with various projects team, and assist with building systems and controls to meet new consumer business requirements and onboard industry or regulatory requirements
- Partner with Transaction Banking business, Ledger Operations, Legal, Compliance, and wider Treasury Services organization to ensure accurate execution, reconciliation, and governance of payment settlement activity.
- Build, implement, or maintain procedures to governing the settlement process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally.
- Develop and coach members of the team by providing real-time feedback and opportunities for progression.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and recommendation of potential new hires to ensure adequate resources for managing the business risks.
- Own vendor relationships and complete monthly KPI reviews for vendor management.
- Coordinate the planning, execution, and post-audit actions of the annual ACH NACHA audit and other payment settlement related audits.
- Bachelor's degree
- Cash Management experience in a regulated banking environment, understanding of basic NACHA operating rules (returns, exception item processing), retail payment experience.
- Knowledge of the U.S. payment system, ACH, checks and wire processing.
- A minimum of 5-7 years cash management experience
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; able to clearly communicate information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver messages effectively in a verbal and also written format.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and computer proficiency.
- Clear thinker, problem solver and the ability to work in cross-functional projects and identify process improvements.
- Ability to create and deliver business presentations and communicate effectively
- Inquisitive nature and good listening skills
- Systems savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Critical attention to detail required
- Strong team player
- High energy & motivated, especially in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SWIFT payment messages and formats, including general cash management and nostro reconciliation
- Experience with firm's proprietary systems to settle payments
- Experience with people management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- CTP or AAP or APRP designation preferred
- 8-10 or above years of experience in a large & global financial institution
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of Federal Reserve products and services.
- Previous experience working in cash management with FDIC regulated legal
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity