Business Operations Analyst II - Procurement
About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for a Business Operations Analyst II Procurement to help with identifying and implementing best practices and achieving results including; overall administration of the departments procurement program, being responsible for all aspects of the procurement process for departmental purchases as well projects, and provide back up support for budgeting and analytics generation within the department. You will also support efficient and effective operations to improve accountability. Work independently on broad assignments or under general direction as to scope or goals - all within a clear framework. This role can be based anywhere in the district where there is a Law Enforcement Unit presence (Dallas, Houston or El Paso). You will work within the ATS division of the Districts Law Enforcement Unit.
- Provide analytical support to team and assists in preparing and executing recommendations to improve effectiveness, efficiency, costs in operations, workflows, and methodologies as it relates to the management of contracts, and compliance around procurement practices
- Analyze and select suppliers, create purchase requisitions, and follow-up/expedite as needed. Function as primary contact on assigned projects to implement required contracts and related programs
- Support team in preparing budgets and gathering budget data; provide monitoring assistance of department expenditures and prepares regular reports for management; generate measurement systems and reports designed to improve forecast accuracy
- Research and interpret requirements from the Board of Governors and related authorities, as well as emerging or evolving best practices and trends both in the System and in the industry, and presents recommendations to management, with the potential to execute or assist in the execution of recommendations
- Assist team with writing, editing, proofreading, and interpreting various documents, including procedures and audit/compliance results, to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Help with the coordination and audit/compliance efforts, including taking an active role in the planning, execution, and completion of audit/compliance reviews, policy and procedures assessments, and other business process reviews
- Design and develop management reports which satisfy informational needs of the business unit
- Bachelors degree, with a major in Business Management, or related field is preferred; coursework in operations management, budgeting, and accounting is a plus
- 3+ years of experience of related professional work experience, with a focus on procurement, budget, compliance, , process improvement, and/or research
- Experience with creating and/or maintaining electronic collaboration resources a plus
- Average level and consistently progressing knowledge and understanding of internal control concepts, including detailed knowledge in one or more of the following fields: procurement, compliance, budget, process improvement, or research; along with basic knowledge of tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organizations operational processes and related risks
- Ability to analyze and report various operational or ad hoc data
- Ability to assimilate and apply new information in a timely manner
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Why the Dallas Fed?
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together were creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant. Primary Location:
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 10 % of the Time