Position Description Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate or Manager - Regulatory Compliance Location Dallas, TX Job Code 1947 # of openings 1
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients’ success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 35th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine.
From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate, health care and government. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at .
Position Summary: Seeking energetic professional with skills and growing proficiency in financial institutions regulatory compliance. Experience in other aspects of internal audit and/or a strong desire to learn is preferred. You will work with a high performing and dynamic team that helps clients meet their regulatory and risk management objectives. The position requires being able to communicate with C-level executives and help train other team members. The preferred candidate has a CRCM, CAMS, CAFP and/or other compliance designation along with the ability to supervise teams of 2 - 6 on multiple concurrent engagements.
- Plan, perform, and deliver work with limited supervision. This includes developing/executing audit programs, developing budgets and communicating results in written and verbal form
- Monitor and supervise progress of other team members in executing the various phases of an engagement
- Review the work executed by other staff for completeness and accuracy
- Responsible for ensuring that deliverables and workpapers produced by team members are clear and concise, and comply with firm standards
- Delegate tasks to help develop others and execute efficiently
- Assist and mentor Associates and Senior Associates with less experience while actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters professional development and learning.
- Provide periodic performance feedback to team members as needed
- Assist with scheduling engagement resources
- Keep supervisors apprised of engagement and scheduling issues
- Develop and enhance client relationships at appropriate levels through strong communication and project management skills. Learn billing responsibilities and other skills of engagement management
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies, procedures and core values
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree coupled with related financial institutions experience
- Experience with TRID, Regulation B, HMDA, Regulation X, FCRA, Regulation Z, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) - AML, OFAC and/or Fair Lending preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision making skills
- Sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position
- Regulatory specialty certifications – CRCM, CAMS, CAFP, CCBCO or other specialist certifications desirable
- 3 – 4+ years of examination, industry, consulting or a combination of equivalent experience to successfully fulfill the position’s responsibilities
- Advanced understanding of bank/non-bank financial institution operations helpful
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible Share