Senior Director, Salesforce Architect Dallas/en-US/RyanCareers/job/Dallas/Senior-Director--Salesforce-Architect_R0005496/applyThe Sr. Director, Salesforce Architecture is a hands-on technical leader that leverages knowledge and experience to design and build new applications, integrations, and core Salesforce platform technologies. The Firm will expect this role to provide standards-based guidance, seek in-the-box solutions where available, and contribute to a robust and flexible enterprise architecture. This role is responsible for applications services to operate internal Salesforce business functions, including Marketing, Sales, Success & Service, Employee Success, Finance, Enterprise Data Platform, Release and Service Management. The Sr. Director, will combine excellent design skills, thought leadership and the ability to manage and implement technically complex solutions. This role will have responsibilities of the Salesforce team within IT, but also provide architecture and salesforce guidance and solutions for other practice areas outside of IT if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities, aligned with Key Results:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that encourages productive interactions with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Work closely with various technology teams to help define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Support the development team by designing and implement innovative solutions while adhering to standards, best practices and ensuing high code quality
- Provide specialist production support for assigned applications.
- Provide after hours on-call support as needed for critical incidents or service outages.
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps
- Work closely with onshore and offshore resources to understand business requirements and provide innovative and efficient solution
- Engages frequently with various business lines, building relationships with stakeholders across operations and the broader organization
- Responsible and hands-on in the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping and documentation of technical design throughout the SDLC process
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design, integration with other systems, capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc.
- Responsible for end to end ownership of Salesforce application across all lines of business, managing activities such as system administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and general oversight
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Collaborate with other IT leadership (enterprise architecture, enterprise data, and infrastructure teams) to identify common needs and areas of opportunity and ensuring new ideas are assessed within the context of business, data, application, and system architectures
- Create prototypes in support of solution architecture activities
- Deliver best-in-class, enterprise-grade Salesforce solutions within Ryan
- Identify technology and resource needs to empower and extend the Salesforce platform
- Produce quality code for assigned development tasks
- Monitor and improve data quality and integrity
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of combined IT experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- 7+ years of development experience on the Salesforce platform (Apex, VisualForce, etc.)
- 5+ years of architecture experience across various Salesforce clouds (focusing on Salescloud) and lightning components
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce technologies (clouds, offerings, custom development, integration, etc.).
- Experience integrating salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and app exchange apps.
Additional Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps.
- Ability to stay current on Salesforce integration tools and best practices.
- Ability to foster new ideas and concepts.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and help onboard additional resources, contractors as required.
- Experience with SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Salesforce System Architect
- Certified Salesforce Application Architect
This position will have direct reports.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: None.
Posted TodayFull timeR0005496
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the worlds most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Ryan employees are given the freedom to do their best work in the way they work best. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, our employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Ryan LLC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Accommodation
Ryan, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
In addition, as a federal government contractor, the Firm maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
It is Ryan's policy to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact our People Group at 972.934.0022 or if you are interested in applying and need assistance to submit your application, or if you are interested in a position and believe you may require a reasonable commodation in order for you to perform its essential functions.
Click to view the entire EEO poster and supplement.
*Notice to Canada Candidates In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Ryan ULC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Ryan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities*.
Ryan recognizes and is committed to compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) promulgated by the European Union (EU). Please access our Privacy Notice in relation to this at the following . Please access our Personal Data Protection Policy at the following .