Digital Transformation & Management, Microsoft Technical ConsultantGrant Thornton3/12/2020 8:14:53 AMJOB ID: 046510Specialty: Dallas, Texas Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Digital Transformation & Management, Automation, Senior Associate
Are you a solutions architect with experience across the cloud stack including microservices, containers, and DevOps? Do you want to leverage that experience to help clients grow and protect their competitive advantages through cloud-based automation and advanced analytics solutions?
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today so that our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Business Consulting (BC) creates and protects value. The BC practice includes Operations Transformation, Growth & Transformation, Financial Transformation, Digital Transformation & Management and Business Applications.
The Cloud Native Solutions Architect will provide thought leadership, technical vision, and practical implementation for automated, data-driven solutions leveraging Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS). These automated solutions will aim to reduce financial and operational risk while taking advantage of operational efficiencies. The scope of automated solutions may include data integration, data transformation, workflow, optical character recognition (OCR), machine learning, cognitive services, and other emerging cloud-based technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead, plan and design the overall technical vision of cloud-based intelligent technology solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of intelligent cloud solutions to project stakeholders.
· Ability to work within project constraints (technology, risk, scope, cost, quality, time, resources) in developing solutions.
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards, quality of delivery, and strict client confidentiality.
· Perform client billing, manage engagement budgets, and staff engagements.
· Supervise, train, mentor, and assess performance of staff members.
· Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure client satisfaction, ensure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
· Maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services within your assigned group of clients.
· Assist partners on proposals and business development calls.
· Assist partners on recruitment efforts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, and/or Information Technology.
· Minimum of 3 years of development/architect experience.
· Minimum of two years’ of python experience.
· Experience with DevOps and Agile engineering practices.
· Experience with microservices, functions, event-driven/reactive programming or other Cloud Native architectures.
· Experience deploying systems into a production Cloud Native Environment.
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Pro) or Microsoft MCSA/MCSE.
· Proven client service and communication (written and oral) skills.
· Proven problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Proven ability to lead/manage in a team-oriented environment.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Travel required up to 80%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.6 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500+ employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Requisition ID: 046510
Dallas, TX Dallas, Texas
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.