- El Paso, TX, États-Unis El Paso TX US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
The Accounting Manager performs various duties to support the accounting function's goal of timeliness and accuracy including preparation and detailed reviews of external reporting packages (including 10-Q-like and 10-K-like documents for bond holders). The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that transactions are reflected in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP"), regulatory, and company policy. The Accounting Manager is responsible for training, coordinating, and directing the activities of the Accounting staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the preparation, compilation, and related analysis of consolidated financial reporting packages for submittal to executive management, BOD, and external parties. Reviews reporting packages to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements, ensures unusual variances are analyzed and investigated, and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Reviews and documents accounting implications of complex transactions and may prepare or assist in the preparation of complex journal entries.
- Reviews and documents complex intercompany transactions.
- Collaborates with other accounting department members to establish/modify procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the month and year end closing and reporting process. Identifies and implements process improvement suggestions.
- The Financial Reporting Manager is expected to have a solid understanding of the company's policies and reporting needs to ensure that the company is meeting and adhering to its reporting requirements and other requirements.
- Communicates and explains accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the Accounting management team.
- Monitors and ensures timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provides US GAAP interpretations and prepares technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner. Identifies and determines disclosure requirements specific to the company.
- Implements and maintains reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Interacts with external auditors and consultants to assist with various audits and projects. Manages the preparation of supporting schedules, ensuring timeliness and accuracy. Assists in the coordination of annual audit.
- Manages and leads staff, including but not limited to managing deadlines and workloads and reviewing their staff's work for accuracy. Responsibilities include performance management at all stages, performance evaluation, goal setting, and professional development of associates.
- Perform other duties and/or participate in other projects, including system implementations, acquisition integrations, and business reengineering projects, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting; MBA is a plus.
Experience and Qualifications
- CPA preferably with Big 4 public accounting or public company consolidated corporate accounting and reporting experience
- Minimum five to ten years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of chart of accounts, general ledger, trial balance, financial statement preparation, GAAP and internal control policies and procedures required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Management ability to direct, guide, motivate, and develop staff.
- Ability to prioritize for self and others, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Ability to define problems and organize efficient solutions, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required. JDE Edwards experience is a plus.
Requires a detail oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and can be an interactive part of a team. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and demonstrate knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.