- El Paso, TX, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 19 nov. 17 2017-11-19
The Senior Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, conduct audits, and prepare financial reports to assist management in achieving profitable business growth. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring proper accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and reviewing financial reporting packages to meet internal and external requirements as applicable. As the Senior Accountant, you are a member of the accounting team, and you are accountable for meeting the deadlines set by your manager, in-order for your team to meet internal and external reporting commitments to owners, partners, and lenders.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements with referenced work papers and supporting schedules.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and determines proper handling of financial transactions.
- Assists in analysis of financial information and preparation of profit and loss statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Record cash disbursements and receipts, prepare accrual entries, and reconcile general ledger account balances.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and other special reporting requirements, including intercompany activity analysis and consolidation process.
- Research and document GAAP accounting policies including writing memos to support accounting treatment for unique transactions.
- Analyze account balances and prepare variance explanations.
- Assist with external auditor requests.
- Serve as backup for department tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of accounting experience, preferably corporate accounting, and reporting.
- Must be able to work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to multitask and work as part of a team to meet team goals in addition to individual responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with JD Edwards- Enterprise One and/or other large ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with Reports Now, Hubble or other financial report-building programs preferred
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience with legal document review, financial statements, generally accepted accounting principles, and internal control policies and procedures.
- Capable of prioritizing efficiently.
Requires a detail oriented, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates strong attention to detail, and demonstrate knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.