Business Development Officer, Business,Banking
At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
The Business Development Officer (BDO) for CRA/Business Banking is responsible for facilitating the delivery of products and services to small businesses across all TCB Texas markets, particularly those located in low-and moderate-income assessment areas, as well as with minority/women-owned businesses. The role will require a tangible presence in TCB communities by establishing key relationships with small business organizations, trade associations, economic development offices of local municipalities and a host of community partners. This role requires a thorough understanding of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending and small business lending.
- Review and submit loan applications using the SBSS FICO Scoring Model and in accordance with TCB Credit Policy and operating procedures, including compiling all required application, financial information and documentation for underwriting
- Assist with pre-closing and post-closing activities, including issuance of commitment letter/term sheet, collection of fees (if applicable) and other closing functions as required
- Manage a loan and deposit portfolio and actively seek opportunities to cross-sell other bank products and services and other duties as assigned
- Identify and assess the needs of small businesses to formulate and implement a sales strategy and build a pipeline of small business/loan opportunities in LMI areasIncrease the bank’s visibility and commitment to small businesses by participating/hosting education and outreach activities
- Identify new CRA lending opportunities and referrals through variety of prospecting activities and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in retail banking, and/or small business with heavy emphasis on financial statement review
- Specific expertise pertaining to eligibility, credit underwriting, credit structure, documentation, servicing and funding of small business loans
- Previous business development experience is preferred/not required, including a demonstrable ability to prospect for new clients
- Effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills required (oral/written) and comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment with a minimum amount of supervision
- Must have flexible schedule and available to participate in outreach activities that will be conducted in the evening and/or on weekends.
- Travel required with occasional overnight travel.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point) and bank loan software