Physical Security Technician
Physical Security Technician
About the Role:
We are looking for a Physical Security Technician to provide support and maintain our security and surveillance environments. The Physical Security Technician is part of the Law Enforcement Unit (LEU) Administration and Technology Services (ATS) team responsible for supporting video surveillance, physical access control, and other security-related systems critical to the Banks Cash and LEU operations. As the Physical Security Technician, you will perform daily functions required to maintain security systems and applications, work with critical and sensitive information, and manage all associated incident and request tickets. You will report to the Director, LEU Administration and Technology Services.
- Participate in installs, upgrades, maintenance and configuration of security and surveillance applications and hardware
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer support by responding to incident and request tickets
- Configure and maintain hardware relevant to our security and surveillance systems
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve incidents and requests per defined SLAs and document actions taken in the incident management system
- Develop and document technical procedures and processes
- Assist with reporting and monitoring in supported systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Work extended hours as necessary to maintain existing or implement new technology with minimal impact to our customers
- A Bachelors degree in an IT related field is preferred
- 5 or more years experience of related professional work experience, with a focus on physical access control and video surveillance system technologies such as Lenel, Gentec, CCure, and etc.
- Experience with: Video Surveillance System(s)/CCTV, Physical Access Control System(s), Video Display Product(s), Intercom System(s), Low voltage wiring
- Customer focused awareness of new technology solutions
- Relationship management experience with good customer service skills
- The ability handle a variety of responsibilities independently as well as a part of a dynamic team
- Proven ability to adhere to standards
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Why the Dallas Fed?
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together were creating a workplace where accomplished people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
- Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant. Primary Location:
TX-Houston Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 10 % of the Time