2022 Summer Internship -Energy & Natural Resources - Product Management Analyst
About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world's largest industries, we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency. 2022 Intern Program - Opportunities for students
During your internship you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career. About the Department: Energy and Natural Resources (ENR) - Upstream
Energy Solutions from IHS Markit comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels. Our renowned energy experts empower leaders worldwide to make their best decisions. Strong partnerships outlast trends.
Reinvention and innovation are key parts of a business surviving the uncertainty of any market - especially in an energy transition environment. But it takes more than that to thrive. Building partnerships and trusted relationships in the energy sector can mean the difference between enduring and flourishing.
Beat the trends; your energy connected future is now Eligibility
Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2022. We're looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies to be available for a full time role commencing in 2023. About the role
You will be an Intern in the Upstream division at IHS Markit, working with the Product Management team. You will be responsible for helping manage the day-to-day development of the Energy Studio: Impact analytics product. This position interfaces with existing and potential clients, market leaders, sales, content & product development, product marketing and customer care to develop and deliver innovative solutions for the market. You will work closely with the Product Management team to manage the product lifecycle and will be responsible for collaborating across teams on special projects that add value to the analytics content portfolio.
In this position you will gain experience in the development and management of Oil & Gas content and derived data with a focus on how IHS Markit makes data accessible, and analytics-ready in order to help clients get the answers they need quicker. Key responsibilities include
- Works directly with the product development team to define product requirements and ensure they match or exceed client expectations
- Develop toward becoming a Subject Matter Expert on our derived well and production data and integration providing the market requirements for our Impact solution including innovative/novel workflow creation
- Interacts with members of product development, operations, sales, customer care support, and directly with customers to provide answers to existing workflow challenges
- Key contributor for product roadmaps and prioritizing enhancements to existing products
- Coordinates with other Energy product teams to exploit synergies and opportunities to share technologies and/or integration of products
What we're looking for
- Working with content owners to create analytics dashboards that provide key insights and trends.
- Lead QA efforts with development team, ensuring that derived content makes sense within the industry defined context
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
For Product Management applicants, we recommend the following:
- A bachelor or master's degree (or equivalent) completed no later than May 2023
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
Application and assessment process
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Finance or related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with BI tools
- A passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets
- Expernce with SQL or other programing languages is beneficial
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a product team and foster team cooperation
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both a business and technical audience
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to influence others
- Strong written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for presenting thoughts and ideas to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience and familiarity with IHS products and data beneficial
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you. Stage 1:
Submit online application Stage 2
: Online pymetrics assessment Stage 3:
Initial screening process Stage 4:
Final stage assessment
By completing this application, you will be considered for multiple roles on our product management team.
Some of these positions require a more technical skill set. We will align you to the correct role based on your application. This may require you to interview with one or more hiring teams. Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.