Full-Stack Software Engineer-Java
The Finance and Risk warehouse is a team responsible for integrating data from various LOB product systems into a single data warehouse in order to service Risk reporting systems.
As the team advances in adopting modern technologies and development practices (such as moving to a Hadoop datalake, adopt new Agile practices, the role of a Dev Ops Software engineer becomes immensely important.
A Dev Ops Software engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing solutions to cover the following key areas:
1. Developing the required tools for business users to view, analyze and verify the data in the warehouse.
2. Creation of automated test frameworks for various work streams.
3. Create common services required across multiple teams.
4. Review and enhance the required tools for continuous build and integration.
5. Build utilities to reduce any manual activity performed within the application.
Ideal candidates will have astrong working knowledge of:
- Java and object oriented programming including Java 8 language features
- Big data technologies including but not limited to Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, HBase, and Kafka
- Modern webtechnologies such as NodeJS, AngularJS, React, Redux, or Typescript
- Operating systems and application servers such as Linux/Unix and Tomcat
- Working knowledge of basic shell scripting
- Working knowledge of basic SQL
- Proficient in technologies such as Spring, REST, Jenkins, Micro services
- Basic knowledge of Maven build automation and dependency management
- Basic knowledge of Git version control.
Additionally, an understandingof at least some of these technologies and practices is beneficial:
- Knowledge of testautomation frameworks such as Junit, Fitnesse, Selenium, Cucumber
- Web unit testframeworks such as Jasmine or Mocha
- Experience withbundling tools such as gulp, grunt, or webpack
- Familiarity withagile methodologies and the SDLC
- Experience withcontainer technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes