Infrastructure Site Reliability Engineer (AIX)
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build ameaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creativeengineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and softwaredevelopment focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure andreducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solverswith a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. Inthis environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by anorganization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn andgrow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications andsystems.
· Design, code, test and deliver software toautomate manual operational work
· Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitateblameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
· Engage with development team throughout thelife cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimalrefactoring or changes
· Identify application patterns and analytics insupport of better service level objectives
· Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
· Design automated software and product upgrades,change management, and release management solutions
· Coach or manage teams as applicable
· Participate in the 24x7 support coverage asneeded
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience inan software engineering discipline
· Expertise in at least one technology stackdesigning, coding, testing, and delivering software
· Proficiency in one or more technology domains,may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission criticalproblems within a business or across the firm
· Working knowledge of infrastructure components.(E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute,storage and networks)
· Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
· Expertise in AIX and its related technologies like VIOS, HMC,DLPAR.
· Good knowledge of AIX clustering software like GPFS,PowerHA/System Mirror
· Expertise in Power7/8/9 Hardware models with advancedvirtualization skills.
· Working Good knowledge in Perl or Python or Shell scripting toautomate procedures and workflows.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team ofinnovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use adisciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a widevariety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable,resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products youdeliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.