Physical Gas System Architect
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
We are seeking a technically strong and disciplined software engineer with experience in requirements gathering. You will be working closely with QR, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams building a full-scale platform for our Energy desk. You will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves.
What you will be working on:
- A platform covering all of the current and future requirements of our (financial and physical) Natural Gas desk
- Marking tools for the traders to mark where they see products in the market trading.
- Live risk tools which show the traders their real time risk and pnl (profit and loss).
- Analytic tools for the traders to view data in a way that helps them analyze the market to make good trades.
- Reporting tools which help the sales/trading automate reports to send to them and the clients.
- Day to day support of the trader's business functions.
- Assisting the traders and sales people directly to generate revenue.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Solid understanding of the Natural Gas market, particularly physical
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (Python, Java, C# ideally)
- Must have scheduling infrastructure / APIs experience along with in-depth Physical Gas industry experience.
- Experience handling requirements gathering.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.