Senior .NET Software Engineer
We are looking for an innovative, passionate, and self-guided software engineer to develop a cloud-based web application. You will work in a collaborative, multi-functional team environment to design, develop, deliver, and support software solutions within the upstream energy analytics space. You may also partner with external teams to integrate their solutions into our products. Responsibilities
With the ability to self-guide, you will:
Education & Experience
- Collaborate with the development team and product management on the design and development of existing software products
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Design, plan, develop and test new solutions that meet customer's business needs
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve development efficiency
- Utilize effective design techniques for maintainability, testability, scalability, performance, security, etc.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure the application is thoroughly tested before release
- Enthusiastically interact with customers at all levels
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field OR equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in the software development industry
- 2+ years of Cloud development experience with Amazon AWS
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Solid .NET and Microsoft technologies background
- Experience with web-based applications in C#, .NET, MVC, HTML, CSS, AngularJS
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and Entity Framework
- Experience working with E&P/Oil and Gas/Energy data is a plus
- Experience working with MFC/C++ is a plus
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for finding the best solutions by working together with internal and external users
- Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft
- Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well defined
- Self-disciplined - determined to take the time to do things the right way
- Passion - enthusiasm for coding and new technologies and their potential to make an impact
- Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things
- Leadership - inspiring others and rallying them towards common goals
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.