Senior Price Operations Specialist - Americas
Senior Price Operations Specialist Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
Houston The Team:
This role is part of a small, global team responsible for all aspects of Price Group Operations in the Americas. The Impact:
The commodity markets surveyed by this team are dynamic within which Platts is a key stakeholder with a robust reputation. This role is a pivotal role in maintaining and promoting Platts' reputation across the markets it covers. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Hands-on experience learning the logistics behind dynamic commodity markets and helping protect the integrity of the Platts Market on Close (MOC) assessment process
- An opportunity to work on a global team and collaborate with key stakeholders in the organization
- Day-to-day involvement with data analysis and technology
- Flexibility and empowerment
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Validate information on MOC participants residing in the Appian Workflow Tool and ensure front line editorial teams are up to date and accurate
- Use strong market knowledge and experience to analyze complex information and follow processes
- Drive trade performance tracking and dispute resolution as needed
- Conduct reviews of MOC participation for the region - gathering data and fact checking to check credibility and credit worthiness of entities that wish to provide data for inclusion in the MOC process
- Analyze published pricing data in the Platts editorial database to enable development of nascent MOC windows and methodologies
- Manage local disputes, in a collaborative manner where possible, and escalate if unable to resolve
- You will work closely with the eWindow team (eWindow is electronic software used to manage high volume of bids, offers and trades during price assessment process) to enable constructive and efficient management of information both on participants and the markets being covered
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative analysis) and good organizational skills. Tenacity aimed at achieving a solid understanding of the information sourced from the industry.
- Broad knowledge of the commodities industry and the competitive landscape from an analyst/operations perspective
- Disciplined in following and documenting procedures and reconciling information where necessary
- Proven strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good written and presentation skills
- Very good eye for detail with initiative to recognize priorities and when to escalate issues
- Curiosity and tenacity to resolve operational and organizational challenges and issues
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- At least two years of coverage as a markets reporter, preferably with experience on an MOC market
- Advanced communication skills: ability to hold difficult conversations
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259818 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States