Site Reliability Engineer - AWS/Linux
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Continuous improvement - Proactive identification and delivery of engineered solutions that eliminate recurring production issues, monitoring and alerting capabilities, manual task elimination, ticket/false alert reduction.
- Resiliency - Engineer modern deployment methods and drive remediation of resiliency gaps partnering with Application development
- Performance Management - Partner with Application Development, Infrastructure and Information Security to identify and engineer application and infrastructure performance improvement opportunities.
- Delivery - Participate in architectural design reviews to ensure Production considerations and non-functional requirements are understood and included in stories and definition of done
- Change Management - act as gatekeeper of production in order to drive down change related issues
- 5 years of within Application Design or Systems Engineering work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Experience w/ CI/CD technologies like Jenkins, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Strong understanding of networking and cloud technologies (AWS), for example security, load balancing, network routing protocols
- Proven experience in incident/problem management.
- E xperience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as SPLUNK, DynaTrace, Opnet
- Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack and web technologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC
- Experience with relational databases such as DB2
- Knowledge of queue technologies, such as MQ/JMS
- Strong XML technology experience (XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT)
- Proven Application Production Support experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Capable to execute and deliver on a multitude of concurrent initiatives in a dynamic environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead and manage conference calls.
- Good collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment. Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Banking and/or financial services industry experience is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.