Technical Problem Owner
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
We are seeking a senior, hands-on Technical Problem Owner with proven experience managing programs / projects that improve production stability across an organization. The Problem Owner must have strong technical background & analytical skills, exceptional communication skills, problem management expertise, strong collaboration skills and a proven track record of organizing, managing and delivering complex programs / projects. The Problem Owner will analyze technical problems causing numerous critical incidents, partner with impacted technology teams and accountable service owners to derive comprehensive solutions, and manage implementation of the solution across up to 2,000 applications, to ultimately remediate the problem and prevent future related incidents.
Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you'll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary and staffing issues. You'll also draw on your experience to manage and mentor people to drive strategic change, both within your team as well as in collaboration with team members across JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global network of innovators.
- Perform intense data analysis and identify patterns (thematic problems).
- Plan out the remediation strategy and build detailed plan to solve prioritized problems.
- Influence Senior Management and stakeholders to approve and prioritize thematic programs and commit resources.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Senior Sponsors, stakeholders and Management.
- Manage thematic programs / projects to successful completion; remove roadblocks.
- Partner with global technology experts to derive viable, sustainable solutions for thematic problems.
- Perform process re-engineering to mature/automate processes where applicable.
- Collaborate with Production Management and Application Development teams to understand problem impact and implement solutions.
Additional strengths and capabilities that are requiredand/or preferred include:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in application development andsupport environment with more than one technology and multiple designtechniques.
- In-depthknowledge and understanding of Problem Management practices, skills and tools.
- BusinessAnalysis experience - Ability to create presentations that deliver a clearmessage to senior management and influence/motivate stakeholders.
- StrongProject/Program Management Experience - can run projects/programs autonomously frombeginning to end.
- Attitude- proactive, enthusiastic, positive, dynamic, delivery and quality focused.
- Demonstratedleadership and ability to successfully partner across a large organization.
- Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design,develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- CrisisManagement Skills a plus.
- Previous Production support background a plus.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.