Credit Risk Analyst
Credit Risk Analyst III At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Credit Risk Analyst III, you will develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks. THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Perform and monitor quality management processes, making records on quality performance and revealing any defects or failures in compliance review processes.
- Generating necessary suggestions and recommendations for improving the quality plan and increasing quality levels.
- This is a highly detail-oriented role, requiring familiarity with loan manufacturing and production processes combined with extensive knowledge of specifications and product testing.
- Responsible for supporting process improvements throughout the testing and quality control processes.
- Examine risk elements with existing customers or potential customers and make recommendations to management and team members.
- Maintain data integrity of proprietary credit or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Advise team members or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Education Level (Required)
Education Level (Preferred)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
Areas of Study (Preferred)
- Economics, Finance, Real Estate or Statistics
- 4-6 years of related experience
Complete Quality Control reviews of compliance review testing for Lender compliance reviews (MORA) maintaining review results and reporting results monthly
Root cause problem solving and analysis of Quality Control results to develop trending, identify opportunities to improve/enhance existing program content, provide staff training, and enhance program documentation and communication
Complete reviews of final review reports for publication and consult with Review Analysts on required changes
Must be detail-oriented and comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, proactively working through tasks with minimal direction
Ability to collect/analyze data and present conclusions to management
Proficient in desktop automation tools (Excel, SharePoint, Power Bi, etc.)
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Primary Location:
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
TX-Plano Work Locations: Job:
Risk Management Organization:
Fannie Mae Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: