What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be part of the technology function for Marcus, focusing on building a business intelligence architecture that enables the business to operate efficiently
• You should be able to quickly build visualizations on top of AWS / Hadoop / Sybase data to meet business needs, as well as be the thought leader to influence functional heads on new and innovate ways to visualize data that will help drive business value
• You will help design data architecture to enhance existing pipelines as well as build feeds for new data sources
• You will participate in data architecture decisions and partner with technology teams to implement data products in production systems.
• You will work closely with business partners and technology leaders to evaluate new BI tools that can further enhance the business’ ability to analyze data
• You should be able to commercialize data products and influence leadership on the value of these products
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
• Hands-on experience with the Hadoop or Spark big data platform and one or more mainstream programming languages (Python, Java, C, Scala, C++, etc.)
• Experience in building data products from ideation to implementation
• At least 2 years experience in a visualization tool such as Tableau or QlikView
• At least 3 years experience dealing with data (structured or unstructured)
• Ability to explain data analysis to drive business ideas
• Strong project management skills
• Experience working in a start-up business or a new business line within a larger organization is preferred