At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
The Enterprise Architect is an integral part of the CTO team in the TCB Technology organization. The Enterprise Architect is a digital enabler and technical leader with a deep understanding and holistic view of the organization’s business strategies, technology strategy, technology processes (e.g. DevOps) and IT roadmap. The Enterprise Architect designs and enables the development of Enterprise Platforms that deliver business benefits across the enterprise and move TCB towards a digital future.
An Enterprise Architect at Texas Capital Bank is:
- Innovative and Bold – Explores ideas where Technology improves business value
- Invested and Engaged - Collaborates on solutions to deliver business value
- A Learner and Curious – Uses multiple channels to constantly learn and grow
- Collaborates with senior business and IT stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensures that the delivery of the Platform aligns to longer-term strategic roadmap
- Participates as a technology lead to collaborate with Agile squads to deliver business benefits with effective and efficient use of technology Platform(s)
- Defines and communicates the technology direction by collaborating with IT and business stakeholders to establish and maintain Architecture Blueprints. These define the target architecture direction and high-level roadmap for Enterprise Platform(s) that will benefit multiple business divisions and organizations
- Leads efforts to prioritize, establish and maintain technology principles and Design Patterns to promote technology reuse, improve stability and improve security
- Improves stability of Platforms by assisting with complex Problem Resolution efforts to determine root cause and fixes related to Production Incidents
- Continuously learns new technologies and capabilities and keep up with digital skills and certifications
- Introduces new technologies in initiatives and coaches teams on using and implementing new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree required in a related Information Technology or Computer Science discipline
- 15+ years of experience in support, development, design and implementation of technology solutions on large initiatives - preferably in Financial Services
- 5+ years of experience producing deliverables such as technology designs, architecture overviews, design patterns and technology blueprints within an architecture framework such as TOGAF
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in solution engineering and development
- All Technology Domains - Demonstrated application of skills and knowledge across technology domains (networking, application, infrastructure and security)
- Digital technologies – Demonstrated application of skills and knowledge across digital technologies (Cloud, Data, App Architectures (APIs, Event Streaming), Automation) and with Agile delivery methods (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Experience leading efforts to create technology solutions and architectures impacting critical areas of the business
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps, including business capability planning
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions and application solutions
- Ability to communicate both business and technology concepts effectively across all organization levels (both IT and business)
- MS Office skills including Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and experience using these tools to build system designs and provide updates during Agile ceremonies and other forums