CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Accessing multiple electronic systems and document steps taken to efficiently service the customer.
- Determine action required based on established procedures to protect the Bank’s assets; work with supervisor on handling more complex cases.
- Place appropriate hold on accounts deemed to have fraudulent activity and take appropriate steps to secure the account. Track and document action taken in a timely and correct manner to provide a record of activity and meet audit and compliance requirements.
- Communicate, in a professional manner, with customers, merchants, financial institutions, and other personnel to resolve system problems or request additional information and / or documentation to support a decision on whether fraudulent activity has occurred.
- Provide support to frontline Savings Specialists to ensure appropriate steps are taken on high-risk accounts.
- Review new account applications and use the appropriate fraud prevention tools to determine if the application can be approved.
- Speak with victims of identity theft and provide appropriate talking points while ensuring both the victim and the Bank are secured.
- Review documentation and be able to assess the validity of those documents.
- Place and/or take calls as escalated and requested by Compliance partners or team leaders.
- Communicate effectively with the Fraud Operations Team to work and resolve complex issues and escalated situations.
- Participate in projects and initiatives such as, but not limited to: driving down fraud-related complaints and making the overall customer/fraud experience seamless.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years related customer service experience or fraud experience
- Strong understanding of the customer service experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to positively impact team culture and effectiveness
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Strong understanding of red flags in a financial institution environment