At Texas Capital Bank. we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
Data is the life-blood of every organization. We are looking for an authentic digital leader to be a key driver in the platforms and delivery of that data to the rest of the organization. As a digital leader in the data space, this position will also greatly influence how the bank transforms both digitally and from an agile perspective.
- Hands on leader of engineers (in multiple Agile squads) to enable and deliver multiple ways of consuming data at Texas Capital Bank at the pace of business
- Able to mentor engineers in ways that help their career while also furthering their ability to meet the bank’s goals
- Use your knowledge of DevSecOps, Event Driven Architecture, “Shift Left” thinking to lead the team to execute the data vision in a repeatable and consistent manner while continuously improving the time to value
- Stays up to date on emerging cloud technologies that helps to solve data problems in a safe, governed, operational, performant and scalable way
- Implements Site Reliability principles on the squad to operationalize and help inform change/priority decisions
- Can get “hands dirty” to remove obstacles, solve problems, do PoCs wherever necessary
- Understands data concepts and the latest Data Warehouse landscape
- Define standards and provide guidance on data policies applicable at rest, in motion and on data sensitivity, privacy and retention to data producers/consumers
- Has the ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Applies digital engineering concepts and principles to the design of database solutions
- Understands the patterns involved in creating repeatable procedures for introducing change
- Is effective at weighing tradeoffs (e.g. cost, performance, maintainability)
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ. Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
- 8+ years progressive experience in a technology driven role
- 5+ years’ experience in Data technologies, preferably including cloud-based technologies
- 2 years’ experience in Agile methodologies
- 1-year experience in Management
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience implementing DevSecOps pipelines
- Experience using/creating event driven architectures preferred
- AI/ML experience preferred