CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The US Deposits Marketing Retention team is responsible for building experiences and communications that help drive prospect conversion and existing customer stickiness. Were a data driven team thats hyper-focused on the customer lifecycle; we use customer behaviors and perceptions to help build engagement campaigns that drive product adoption and loyalty while reducing churn.
As a Retention Marketing Associate, you will be responsible for leading the strategy to build an intelligent, progressive customer onboarding experience. Youll leverage data and customer research/insights to inform the strategy, and translate it into tactical marketing campaigns across channels (email, sms, in-app, push, site content) and savings products. Campaign execution work would include creative development, customer segmentation planning, campaign testing/controls, deployment, and campaign analytics.
Ideal candidates will have experience building customer loyalty programs that intelligently identify when to provide product offers organically within the customer lifecycle, ultimately driving product affinity and customer retention. The candidate should be able to work across a variety of different marketing channels including email, SMS, Push, and print and understand the nuances of each.
You will also:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Build campaign plans and strategies that facilitate customer onboarding and product adoption, clearly articulating an approach to next-best action
- Align campaigns and plans to overall Marcus business goals and objectives
- Set-up campaigns in CRM tools accurately and efficiently, leveraging vendor resources where necessary
- Support identification of data requirements for CRM tools to ensure detailed and personalized campaigns
- Identify campaign KPIs and work with the analytics teams to track the success of these campaigns
- Design comprehensive multi-variate testing strategies that provide trackable results to drive program evolution
- Brief creative teams on campaign; provide feedback during creative review time to ensure content meets objectives and L&C requirements
- Identify ways to enhance the campaign development process in order to scale operations in a growing business
- Work collaboratively and creatively with a variety of cross-functional teams, including Analytics, Creative Services/Design, Compliance, Legal, Product, Brand, and also partner/vendor and agencies
- Help the Retention team stay updated on trends in customer loyalty marketing and push the envelope to continue to evolve our campaign thinking and strategies
- 5+ years of loyalty/email marketing, CRM, product marketing, or digital marketing experience
- Experience in enterprise-level marketing operations tools such as Adobe Campaign, Marketo, Braze, Oracle/Responsy, or similar
- Familiarity with HTML, SQL, or other business intelligence languages
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence, and other agile tools
- Strong analytical skills, using data to derive insights, evaluate performance, and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
- Experience in defining, documenting, and implementing processes, procedures and policies
- Familiarity with Tableau or any data visualization reporting tools is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Good balance of strategic thinking as well as execution. Focus on customer experience
- Ability to work independently and proactively; a self-starter that doesnt always need to be told what to do, but identifies areas of opportunity for the business.
- Intellectually curious; willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to effectively manage complex and/or multiple projects to completion on time autonomously
- Strong interpersonal, matrixed team relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail and proactive risk management mindset
- Exceptional oral and written communications