Working as a Principal Architect you will lead IT transformation initiatives, systems optimization projects and provide direct influence on technology strategy and direction for the Schwab Technology Services organization. This role will work closely and collaboratively with a team of like-minded architects and senior engineers identifying and crafting solutions within a broad variety of enterprise computing infrastructures and application architectures including public and private cloud environments.
What youre good at
In this role you will conduct evaluations of technology, tools, products, vendors and solutions making data and business outcome-based design decisions from technical and economic perspectives utilizing AGILE methodologies and incorporating DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering paradigms and create first build reference implementations.
Additional responsibilities include defining guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to the client’s needs and the cloud and application interface. Holding the responsibility for defining the technical strategy for the system, its patterns, products and applications; work closely with all partners to validate technology decisions that support product capabilities now and for the future; and guide it successfully through its execution.
What you have
- Demonstrable industry leading experience implementing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS workloads in public, private and hybrid cloud deployment models.
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and strategies including transformation planning and execution. Private cloud solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Containers, Docker, K8S, Infrastructure as Code and Public Cloud Technologies from Amazon, Azure and Google.
- Deep understanding of several Infrastructure and Platform Automation technology products such as VMware vRealize Suite, HashiCorp Suite, SaltStack, Puppet, Ansible, and Chef technologies
- Experience successfully delivering cloud-based solutions on Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Knowledge and experience with core infrastructure technologies including: Networking, Servers, Storage, Operating Systems (Windows Server and Linux), Virtualization, Databases and related technologies. Preference for industry board and standard committee (IEEE etc.) membership driving technology both externally and internal to a firm.
- Familiarity with Cloud compliance, quality and contracting FEDRAMP, CSA, SoC, NIST, ISO.
- Significant experience with IT Strategy and Technology Service Management
- Strong leadership abilities to work both within the technology organization and with external business partners and consumers to achieve and measure IT business objectives
- Collaborative and highly adaptable working style; strong communication skills; polish and poise when presenting and experience collaborating within a C-Suite environment.
- Skilled with standard multi-tier platform architectures .NET, Java, message queuing, streaming, RDBMS, and file and object-based architectures
- Strong understanding and knowledge of industry technology standards, compliance activities and experience working with audit and regulatory bodies
- Skilled in working with multiple vendors and business groups and ability to lead large efforts with many partner groups from Proof of Concept and through development into Production implementations.
- Extensive process management creation and maturity experience within a Service Management organization primarily with an AGILE, LEAN or SaFE driven methodology.
- Extensive return on investment and Business Case development experience – the experience vital to be able to confidently predict and forecast possible outcomes
- Desired experience in financial services or other highly regulated industries