Senior Devops Engineer
> Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Reference Data and Billing Technology support organization team. This team is responsible for ensuring the availability, stability, performance, and resilience of a number of large/complex applications across Schwab's Enterprise Security Master, Fundamental Data Master, and Enterprise Billing spaces.
You have a desire to be part of a leading financial services company, which has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. You will be driven by our purpose to champion every clients goals with passion and integrity, and be committed to contributing to an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
What you are good at
- 6+ years leading, or working in, a large support organization. Broad technical expertise in distributed environments is a must.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, across different geographic locations, including onshore and offshore. A basic understanding of support methodologies is desired (SRE - Reliability, SAvE - Availability , ITIL, etc.). You will have strong communication skills (verbal and written), and you will be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to resolve complex technical issues. An understanding of agile methodologies and tools is a plus (JIRA, Confluence, SCRUM, & Kanban).
- Working with a large, geographically dispersed, support organization (onshore and offshore).
- Driving team excellence around operational health goals.
- Understanding the need for operational metrics, and creating processes to deliver meaningful/appropriate metrics at various organizational levels.
- Proactively identifying (and remediating) production issues - elimination of tech debt.
- Working with external Vendors to drive platform maturity/capability.
- Provide technical leadership for onsite and offshore teams, and implement system solutions that are consistent with strategic business and technical objectives.
What you have
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a technical role.
- Strong and broad technical skills (6+ years), with an in-depth knowledge of the SDLC in distributed environments:- Linux, Shell scripting, .Net (a plus), Java (J2EE), XML, Web Services, MQ & Messaging technologies (Rabbit, Kafka), Caching (REDIS, Mongo), Informatica, Web/Application servers (WebSphere, JBOSS), Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, Application security (Veracode).
- A basic understanding of support methodologies is desired (SRE - Reliability, SAvE - Availability , ITIL, etc.).
- Working knowledge of batch management/scheduling tools (Control-M, ESP).
- Exposure to system/application monitoring/alerting/dashboarding tools (Splunk, AppDynamics, ITRS).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and tools is a plus (JIRA, Confluence, SCRUM, Kanban).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leadership, business partners, and technology partners.
- Team player - collaborative across organizations and geographic locations.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to resolve technical issues.