Senior Staff, Technology Risk Management In Lake, | Careers At Dfw Campus - Building
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide a coordinated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Bank Risk, Enterprise Risk, Information Security Risk, Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk. Within each of these areas, we develop a framework for how much risk we are willing to accept as a firm and establish processes for identifying, evaluating, measuring, monitoring and reporting against that framework.
The Technology Risk Management (TRM) team is responsible for the development and maintenance of Charles Schwab’s Technology Risk Management programs in the second line of defense (2LOD). The TRM Risk Assessment Center of Excellence (CoE) team is responsible for various assurance and consulting services including, conducting risk and compliance assessments, coordinating control design reviews, and interacting with other risk management functions to align practices. This hands-on role will provide the right candidate with an excellent opportunity to ensure that Schwab’s TRM’s risk assessment strategies are seamlessly executed.
What you are good at
- Work within TRM with a prioritized focus on ensuring ERM Risk Assessment program requirements are embedded into department risk assessment activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate across TRM to stay aligned to required ERM program activities, strategy and direction.
- Conduct cross risk-discipline assessments and regulatory assessments (ex. FFIEC CAT, FSSCC, Annual Risk Assessment, etc.).
- Aggregate risk assessment results identify thematic risk/control gaps to present to TRM leaders and SMEs. Integrate thematic concerns into TRM risk assessment activities.
- Actively coordinate and collaborate with TRM teams to implement “BAU” activities (ERM framework updates, taxonomy updates, targeted risk reviews and emerging risk analysis, etc.) as defined by the CoE.
- Support the risk assessment oversight execution for risk categories across the TRM scope. Coordinate and manage the oversight of the maintenance of the risk taxonomy and definition of standard controls for all technology processes.
- Support analysis of findings to support incorporation of remediation efforts into new controls into the respective Risk and Controls Self-Assessments (RCSAs) for technology risk mitigation efforts areas across the firm.
- Partner with TRM and Technology teams to achieve continuous process improvement and timely response to risk related inquiries and requests.
What you have
- 5+ years of experience in Operational/Enterprise Risk Management and/or as an Information Security or Technology Risk practitioner (combination of both preferred).
- A Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong understanding of RCSA initiatives, ideally including the development of such programs at large financial institutions.
- Ability to identify root causes of concerns and clearly align failures to the corresponding controls.
- Experience with Risk management principles in a financial services environment.
- An understanding of methodologies, tools and governance principles.
- Experience actively working with GRC tools such as Archer, MetricStream, Open Pages, etc.
- TRM principles, policy and governance in a financial services environment.
- A history with analysis of technical controls and ability to translate into clear and concise commentary and reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with shown ability to effectively communicate with senior staff, including executives.
- Ambitious, able to take ownership of issues and bring them to conclusion.
- Strong interpersonal abilities and skillset to develop relationships with peers in business unit and central functions.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you. Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab! The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see the policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.