Client Reporting Technology (CRT) is looking for an experienced Senior Software Developer to design solutions that enable the successful migration of our legacy mainframe and distributed applications to modern, cloud ready solutions.
CRT group champions innovative and scalable technology solutions to deliver a superior client communication experience, through multiple delivery channels. Some of CRT’s software products include brokerage and bank statement applications, letters, tax documents, trade confirmations, operational and marketing communications, and regulatory forms.
The successful candidate has experience being in a technical lead role and is capable of planning, designing, building and leading next generation technology and building technology roadmaps aligning to the needs of our existing business.
As a Senior Software Developer, you should be flexible to assist with any maintenance requests for the current mainframe-based applications to support the company’s high-volume communications needs. Job activities will include gathering and interpreting user requirements, design and development of solutions, enforcing architectural guidelines within the applications, researching and documenting production environment issues, and driving discussions with technical, business, and external technical partners.
What youre good at
- Experience migrating mainframe applications to distributed and/or cloud-based architectures strongly preferred
- Work with business and technical partners to create and support effective solutions to business problems and requests
- Provides technical consultation and support CRT applications and programs
- Ensure solutions are in line with the organization’s vision and architectural strategy
- Analyzes business requirements and designs technical solutions; creates technical specifications documenting the approach
- Develops original and/or complex code; follows written technical specifications to program or reprogram computer solutions
- Verifies program logic by overseeing code review, testing and debugging of programs
- Assists in production deployments
- Develops / participates in the creation of new documentation such as architectural diagrams and user guides
- Define and Document the current state of various complex applications in support of building the modernized future state application architectural strategy and roadmap
- Provides level 3 support to aid in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan
What you have
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of mainframe experience
- 5+ years of Cobol experience
- 5+ years of JCL (Job Control Language) experience
- 8+ years of System Analysis experience
- 3+ years of Cloud development
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- 3+ years of MongoDB experience
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with business and technical teams to understand requirements and impact analysis
- Prior experience/familiarity with interfacing with QA and production support
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills