Software Development Engineer
Financial Planning is a part of the Wealth Management Technology within Schwab Technology organization. Our team delivers and supports Financial Planning applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures. Financial Planning Utility is looking for a Software Engineer in Test having substantial hands-on experience in Software Automation. The individual should be extremely conversant with automation testing, having advanced knowledge working in a C#, .NET environment while being open to working in evolving Next Gen technologies.
You will be working with modern platforms and technologies (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, REST calls etc.) and modern processes. This position provides opportunities to work innovatively and collaboratively with business and technology partners to execute to Schwab’s vision to be the most trusted leader in investment services. The individual should be very familiar with different automation frameworks. You will define the core automation framework and will be expected to contribute automation code as well as coaching multiple teams in best practices. It is an exciting opportunity to drive change and promote automation using the Agile methodology @Schwab.
What you are good at
- Coming up with a testing strategy for new and existing applications
- You are a passionate technologist who self-identifies as an engineer and who can speak confidently to senior developers. You know how to write clean code, and you recognize that poorly designed automation code is as much a concern as poorly designed application code.
- You understand the testing pyramid and how to properly balance unit, integration, acceptance, and e2e tests.
- Working with both developers and product owner to ensure all requirements have been thoroughly explored and implemented.
- Identify automation test strategies and tools required to drive efficiencies for Financial planning products
- Design, develop and implement Test Automation Frameworks for business critical products, data management strategies, and service virtualization strategies to test external services
- Assist other automation engineers in maintaining the frameworks
- Create the program level automation test plan for a project, conceiving of the testing strategy and approach
- Manage all aspects of automation testing including establishing metrics, applying industry standard methodologies and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, usability
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing standard methodologies
- Mentor on QA, network with other Automation teams in Schwab, derive automation standard methodologies for continuous improvement
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies using tools like Bamboo with a CI/CD philosophy
- Generating reports for management reporting
What you have
- 3-5 years of experience and strong knowledge in building and maintaining test automation frameworks.
- Strong programming background and analytical skills
- A tester's mentality: you have too much experience to accept "that can't happen." An eye for continuous improvement.
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior team members
- Great teammate with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testers and Business partners
- Expertise in the software development lifecycle with proven examples of process improvement
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience with Microsoft TFS and Bit Bucket
- Black and white box testing techniques and tools
- Exploratory testing knowledge and experience
- A background in Behavior Driven Development and an understanding that BDD and test automation are not the same thing
- Working knowledge of MTM, Selenium, Cucumber tools
- Proficiency with testing RESTful web services and Microservices, Performance testing, experience in cloud computing a plus
- Bachelors in Science or Master's Degree in Computer Science