Senior Network Operations Engineer, Contract role - Internet/ISP, Load balancers, Firewall, Route/Switch Texas, Southlake/en-US/TDAmeritrade_careers/job/Texas-Southlake/Contract---Senior-Engineer--Network-Operations_R-884/apply
TD Ameritrade provides securities brokerage services and related technology-based financial services to retail investors, traders and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs). TD Ameritrade's Application Developer, Business Technology is part of a team responsible for developing and deploying software solutions in support of TD Ameritrade''s Brokerage Operations department. Candidate's should possess experience successfully deploying Web based applications and managing projects with limited guidance.
This is a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker providing services for TD Ameritrade. This Non-Employee role will be employed by TD Ameritrades preferred 3rd Party Supplier only.
At TD Ameritrade, the health and safety of our employees and candidates is our highest priority, and we have recently transitioned the majority of our employees to working from home. While we are still actively recruiting, due to the current situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made some critical changes to our recruiting process that eliminates the need for any face to face contact. As your application progresses, you can expect interviews to be conducted either on the phone or via video conference. Our Talent Acquisition Partners will guide you throughout the interview process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
As a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker, the expectation is to collaborate across the technology operations organization to execute services supporting approximately 11,000 users, 3 major data centers and 10 million clients. This individual will execute life-cycle, maintenance and support of enterprise infrastructure platforms and must have the ability to function autonomously in a collaborative culture with focus on business outcome(s), impact to the firm and client service orientation.
The Senior Engineer will:
- Perform incident response and break-fix triage for issues related to a variety of network platforms.
- Infrastructure including but not limited to routing, switching, firewall, load balancer and market data technologies.
- Partner with requestors to execute tasks provided via request portal for service delivery.
- Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team.
- Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management strategies which includes patching, reboots, infrastructure testing and other proactive maintenance tasks.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology.
- Participate in the design, build and operational support for all relevant network technologies
- Perform incident response and break-fix triage for issues related to a variety of network platforms
- Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team
- Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management strategies
- Provide subject matter expertise in cross-functional strategic and tactical efforts
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership in triage for escalated production incidents
- Partner with key vendor providers to escalate and troubleshoot severity issues
- Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery.
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment
- Evaluate and actions against metrics analyzing the performance of the infrastructure operations team to ensure timely and accurate services delivery
- Evaluate and recommend network architecture solutions based on performance, stability, availability, cost-efficiency, and development requirements needed to support new applications
- Work with vendor(s) and project manager(s) to develop, review, and update network architecture standards related to the overall system architecture and LANWAN design
- Generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, test plans, requirements and use cases to ensure the design and delivery of network
- Assist program team with the design, procurement, testing, cut over, and reporting activities
- Develop and coordinate system life-cycle management with IT Services including developing or reviewing asset, configuration and security for network system
- Create and maintain Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology (in the form of cross training, workshops, and knowledge sharing).
- Conduct peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
- First, Second and Third level troubleshooting for infrastructure, supporting trading, client and associate services.
- Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for infrastructure, supporting trading and client services
- Analyze and execute configuration and audit strategies to assist in ensuring compliance with standard settings and security direction
- Provide delivery services as a working member of a core project team delivering business projects.
- Collaborate with application owners to install, configure and deliver solutions.
- Expertise in routing and switching, including BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRF, NAT, ACLs and IP Multicast routing
- Cisco CCNP or CCDP certified (Routing and Switching preferred)
- Strong experience multicast market data
- Experience real-time messaging
- Experience supporting traders and trade support staff
- Hands-on experience with CISCO ASR/ISR routers, Nexus 3K, 5K, 7K and 9K and Catalyst 2K, 3K, 4K, 6K and 9K platforms
- Experience with Arista, Corvil, Netscout and latency analysis
- Subject Matter Expertise in the following technologies, including but not limited to: Internet/ISP (Edge) routing, Firewall, Route/Switch, Cloud Proxies, VPN, Load balancers
- Extensive Network Engineering and/or Operations experience within the financial services industry
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the industry leading infrastructure systems and tools such as:
Hardware: CISCO ASR/ISR routers, Nexus 3K, 5K, 7K and 9K and Catalyst 2K, 3K, 4K, 6K and 9K platforms, Arista routers, Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers, and Juniper SRX3600 to SRX5800 Firewalls
Protocols: TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, QoS, WCCP, ITD and IPSEC
- Infrastructure: LAN, WAN, and MAN
- TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, routing and switching, VPN, DCNM and QoS
- Packet analysis
- Scripting: Python, Perl
- Familiarity with SAN, databases, and other IT technologies outside of networks
- Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, Net flow
- Project management awareness, including developing bill of materials for project cost proposals
- Ability to develop automation using Python and/or Perl
- Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support
- Ability to leverage creative thinking to solve problem scenarios
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and when working with various customers and levels of management
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Awareness privacy or regulatory procedures and standards that are required in the financial services industry
- Experience with ITIL and/or other similar frameworks preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office tools including Excel and Visio
- BA or BS Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes without a signed contract and use of the agency portal. Pease do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-884 Were in the business of transforming lives and investing for the better. This is not a catchphrase, its our essence. Its a rally cry for everything we do, everything we say, everything we embody. This is the promise we make each day to positively impact our clients, our Associates, our communities, and our shareholders. Because change doesnt happen overnight. It happens in the daily high standards we set for ourselves and our role in the world. This purpose gives us a clear sense of responsibility. As a leadership brand, we utilize our assets, our scale and our people for a greater good.