Mobile Software Developer
- Charlottesville, VA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 19 mars 19
Mobile Software Developer
Mobile Development Team - S&P Global
Candidate will deliver across entire app life cycle-Concept, design, build, test, optimize, deploy, release to app stores and support. He/She will be working directly with developers, BA and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realize products. He/She will be expected to build proto types at tech scoping stage of product. It is expected that candidate will work along the web developers to create and maintain a robust f/w to support the apps. It is expected of candidate to keep up to date on latest industry trends in mobile technologies.
The Team / The Business:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is searching for top-notch software engineers to help us build the next generation of Mobile products.
As a member of the SPGMI Technology team, candidate will work with intelligent and ambitious engineers recruited from top universities and companies to develop and enhance the next generation Mobile products. Our Software Engineers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. Candidate will be expected to participate in the design review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Database Developers.
Candidate in this role would be a part of the Mobile App Development Team.
- Support App store/Play store apps.
- Work on MI Mobile development.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Create compelling device specific user interface and experiences.
The Career Opportunity:
Be part of the team that provides smart investors with even smarter data at S&P Global.
A career at S&P Global Market Intelligence puts you in a position to be indispensable to institutional investors, investment advisors and wealth managers around the world.
- S&P Global delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures, bringing together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof.
- Every day, more than 4,200 financial firms turn to us for real-time research, data and analytics on more than 92,000 companies.
- Your innovative thinking will thrive in an agile, energetic and challenging work environment - get a high-tech start-up atmosphere backed by the stability of McGraw Hill Financial.
- Proficient in iOS and Objective-C/Swift development experience
- Experience with Android mobile development is a plus
- Experience with AWS Mobile services is plus
- Familiarity with Antenna Mobile Platform is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Java and Eclipse is a plus
- Background in enterprise web development and object-oriented programming, analysis, design, and implementation
- Identifying and solving performance problems in web applications
- Experience with .NET and Microsoft technology platform (ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server) is plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a plus
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
Our Hiring Manager says:
We value self-directed, results-oriented, team-first engineers who strive to make our products, as well as our colleagues, the best they can be.
• Support advanced applications for the iOS & Android platform and develop Hybrid apps
•Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
•Work with outside data sources and API's.
•Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
•Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- A minimum of a Bachelors or Higher in Computer Science or other applicable degree
- 4+ years Hands on experience iOS and Objective-C/Swift development experience.
- 1+ years Hands on experience with Android mobile development.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.